Interesting Experiment on Evolution

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Interesting Experiment on Evolution

Postby Son » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Off topic but....

Mandy, what part of MI do you live in. Im over by Grand Rapids.
Welcome to SWGO....Enjoy your ban

Despite what your mamma has told you...
Violence does solve some problems.
Son
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: caeduslives
Steam ID: jwfrens80

Postby Mandalore » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Metro Detroit, Livonia to be specific. [m'kay] snow mounds are as tall as me lol.

And I'm not seeing where you guys are seeing this idea of reactivation in the article itself.

The article says

More strikingly, however, he found that one of the 12 bacterial lines he has maintained has developed into what he believes is a new species, able to use a compound in the solution called citrate — a derivative of citric acid, like that found in some fruit — for food.

“I would argue that citrate users are — or are becoming — a new species.”
-Lenski
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:@Homestar - not all proponents of Evolutionary Theory claim that life originated with no Creator. You're again confusing Evolution and Abiogenesis.

Your again misreading my words:
Yet the evolution theory many believe in says that life came about on its own without an intelligent creator or designer…

I said many, not all. And I'm pretty sure from past postings that Mandalore (whom I was responding to) does believe life originated without a Creator. I specifically worded it that way because I was taking your beliefs into account.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:56 pm

I believe the 'flu virus' evolves and develops new strains more rapidly due to the numerous races of people, their diets, and 'blowing germs and snot' all over each other on airliners for fast transport throughout the world, thereby adapting to all the countries environments as well. Waiting...hiding...and...evolving into some new, yet unseen strain of phlegm...waiting to strike. Yeahhh... :ninja:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:55 pm

WD-40 wrote:I believe the 'flu virus' evolves and develops new strains more rapidly due to the numerous races of people, their diets, and 'blowing germs and snot' all over each other on airliners for fast transport throughout the world, thereby adapting to all the countries environments as well. Waiting...hiding...and...evolving into some new, yet unseen strain of phlegm...waiting to strike. Yeahhh... :ninja:

You have a way with words 40. :lol:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Previous

Return to Non-Game Discussions