Ukraine crisis escalating

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Ukraine crisis escalating

Postby WD-40 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:18 pm

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:
(SWGO)DesertEagle wrote:It's also the fact that many Evangelical Christian's view Israel as an important part of the end times plan so that tends to trickle upwards to the government.

Its a FACT huh?

Name ONE christian, (evangelical or otherwise) who will state that as a reason to support Israel.

WOW, puttin' words in peoples mouths.

Actually Dread...I could name quite a few in my own church that made that (or a similar) statement and have those views, and they're not even close to being Evangelical. As far as 'End Times' goes, they'd rather be ON the side of God per Revelations. Obviously, the Ukraine matter doesn't rate an End Times scenario.

However, Russia going into Ukraine itself to 'protect Russians', is analogous to the US going into Canada to 'protect Americans', just because we didn't agree with how they changed their Government there. I'd tell the Americans to get out of Canada if they don't like what's going on, or 'suck it up'! That's what the Russians in the Ukraine should do...Suck it up!...or leave!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby [NH]Mr.Yankovic » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:58 pm

lol i love when SWGO tries to cover real world topics, then people leave opinions.....lol

Don't Take No Passengers-Rico Rodriguez [NH]Mr.Yankovic Morbid Angel
[NH]Mr.Yankovic
Community Member

Location: Hiding Behind Your Car Peeling Your Licence Plate Sticker Off.
Xfire: mryankovic

Postby haasd0gg » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:13 pm

Yes, we have made a habit of letting people post their opinions on things here. A shame, really...
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:07 am

WD-40 wrote:
ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:
(SWGO)DesertEagle wrote:It's also the fact that many Evangelical Christian's view Israel as an important part of the end times plan so that tends to trickle upwards to the government.

Its a FACT huh?

Name ONE christian, (evangelical or otherwise) who will state that as a reason to support Israel.

WOW, puttin' words in peoples mouths.

Actually Dread...I could name quite a few in my own church that made that (or a similar) statement and have those views, and they're not even close to being Evangelical. As far as 'End Times' goes, they'd rather be ON the side of God per Revelations. Obviously, the Ukraine matter doesn't rate an End Times scenario.

However, Russia going into Ukraine itself to 'protect Russians', is analogous to the US going into Canada to 'protect Americans', just because we didn't agree with how they changed their Government there. I'd tell the Americans to get out of Canada if they don't like what's going on, or 'suck it up'! That's what the Russians in the Ukraine should do...Suck it up!...or leave!

Well, I pray your fellow church goers have no influence in government beyond their single citizen vote.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby Mandalore » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:39 am

I would disagree with that analysis WD 40, 100%. I actually was talking about this situation over FB with another former SWBF2 player and I put it like this. It would be like if the US had collapsed after the Cold War and Texas had declared independence afterwards. However, the port of Galveston still is deeply loyal to the union and has very strong ties to it. A pro-American government was in power in the country of Texas, but was over thrown by the Texans. The port of Galveston invites the American government to send troops over, which it does. Then after that everyone gets butthurt. Frankly, as I've stated before, I don't really see the reason for the Ukraine and Belarus to be independent of Russia but I'm also all for hampering the bear for as long as possible.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:28 am

[NH]Mr.Yankovic wrote:lol i love when SWGO tries to cover real world topics, then people leave opinions.....lol

So an internet message board for a Star Wars game your source for current news? :roll:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:02 am

I remember I said I didn't think the U.S would get involved... but i'm starting to think I am wrong. The reaction of the EU and the U.S has been somewhat strong in response to Russia's invasion. I don't see any signs of the EU or U.S backing down on their comments in any way. Instead, they added some sanctions... but considering that Putin had the balls to do all of this in the first place, he will not back down either. Thus, the crisis is not going to end any time soon. Also, Foreign Minister Laurence Fabius of France said the following:

"After a certain point, there will be a reaction, including with force,"

If the french are saying things like this, it means the rest of the EU and the U.S are probably in agreement. Things could get better, but Fabius' comments indicate force is being considered as well.

one thing is for sure though... once the next round of sanctions kick in, the russians will probably cut oil supply to the rest of Europe.

any thoughts on this?
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Duel of Fates » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:08 am

Don't get your hopes up Otto. Obama is all talk and no balls. Egypt, Libya, Georgia, Syria. Ring any bells?
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:10 am

Duel of Fates wrote:Don't get your hopes up Otto. Obama is all talk and no balls. Egypt, Libya, Georgia, Syria. Ring any bells?

lol that's why I initially didn't think the U.S would get involved...but I forgot that he likes to start talking and then not do anything :lol:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:01 am

CommanderOtto wrote:...but I forgot that he likes to start talking and then not do anything :lol:

Putin hasn't forgot.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions