Lost

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Lost

Postby WD-40 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:10 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:yeah very strange indeed. Now... I read in Reuters that there was only 30 minutes of fuel left after the moment the pilot evaded the radar. It must not be very far.

If he was on a flight plan, and doing as was expected, his fuel would have been enough to 'reach his destination', AND still have a 'minimum' of one hour of fuel left. I honestly haven't seen the flight plan as to where they were to land and where they lost contact to better gage that.

Anyone have the info or a map? Heard it was off the coast of Vietnam (so no surprise at no radar coverage there), but that was an early news dropping that was shat out to the public.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby [NH]Shadow » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:49 pm

WD-40 wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:yeah very strange indeed. Now... I read in Reuters that there was only 30 minutes of fuel left after the moment the pilot evaded the radar. It must not be very far.

If he was on a flight plan, and doing as was expected, his fuel would have been enough to 'reach his destination', AND still have a 'minimum' of one hour of fuel left. I honestly haven't seen the flight plan as to where they were to land and where they lost contact to better gage that.

Anyone have the info or a map? Heard it was off the coast of Vietnam (so no surprise at no radar coverage there), but that was an early news dropping that was shat out to the public.

'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Thank you very much, WD. Tell me, what aircraft have you flown in your career? You are very knowledgeable on the topic.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Col. Hstar » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 pm

Maybe a dumb question because I honestly don't know. But don't the "black boxes" have GPS trackers in them? If they don't then why the heck not?

If they turn it on and get a signal then they would know it's not under the water.

Like I said this could be a stupid question with a simple answer :wacko:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Same thing with the phone calls. Does the receiver of the call have to answer his/her phone for it to be triangulated?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby WD-40 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:05 pm

Fa.iL.? wrote:Thank you very much, WD. Tell me, what aircraft have you flown in your career? You are very knowledgeable on the topic.

I flew P-3C Orions for the US Navy, and have flown Citation X, and Gulfstream 5 Jets for past 10 years internationally.

Based on flight path, China knew they were coming, but based on course where radar coverage was lost, I wouldn't put it past North Korea to blow them out of the sky without giving it a thought. Of course they'd cover it up to hide bad publicity, especially without evidence...presuming that was one scenario...maybe they even landed there, and Kim Jung UN got a new 777 to ride in. He's repaint it first and scratch off the VIN Number.:lol:

Col. Homestar wrote:Maybe a dumb question because I honestly don't know. But don't the "black boxes" have GPS trackers in them? If they don't then why the heck not?

If they turn it on and get a signal then they would know it's not under the water.

Like I said this could be a stupid question with a simple answer :wacko:

No, they don't. Use of satellite signals can get expensive using it for GPS Tracking.
11_Panama_ wrote:Same thing with the phone calls. Does the receiver of the call have to answer his/her phone for it to be triangulated?

Certain governments have the capability to 'track' specific cellphones/Satphones, but unless there's a 'reason' to, why would they?
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:48 pm

If anyone wants any additional information, bbc.co.uk is a great website. Here's a good, informational link:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-26544554
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:17 am

haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:25 am

lol gilligans island :lol:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Forgot about this. Flight Tracker tracks the worlds airliner aircraft. I suspect it's based on the Transponder of the aircraft to work. I don't know specifically how the data is sent to this website, but if you want to track any specific (or all) aircraft, this is a good website. You can even click on the 'Live Flight Tracker' to track the location of a plane, all the planes of an airline, or all planes in general. Try it out.
http://flightaware.com/

Now, the Engine Makers who were tracking the Engine signals and data suspect it went to Pakistan. Perhaps they followed a pre-planned route that would allow them to avoid land-based Radar until they got to their destination. Head in general direction of island called Diego Garcia (just needed to stay South of India's coastal Radar coverage, then shoot strait North into Karachi, Pakistan. They could throttle back their Engines to save fuel and extend their range to make it there. (Called Long Range Cruise). They likely would have used most of their Reserve Fuel too to do it.

Gotta be a coverup. Deliberately crashing into the ocean makes no sense, and weird electrical activity and course changes without a single Mayday call is highly suspicious.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions