Common Core "State" Standards

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Common Core "State" Standards

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:54 pm

NiteRunner81 wrote:Just joined the HSLDA...

Regardless of what flavor of koolaid any of us drinks I shudder to think that anyone thinks its okay to use medical devices such as pressure mice, blood pressure sensors, MRIs, posture detectors, or retinal scanners to detect childrens reactions to certain subjects is okay... In my humble opinion anyone who thinks that is okay to do to children should refrain from having children. That is downright abusive and intrusive to a child's privacy.

Scenario one: child gets shown a picture of a man (gay, straight, Mexican, black, etc.) who looks a lot like a neighbor that sexually abused them and these devices detect it.. they can assume its prejudice and ARREST parents for "raising a bully" when its really a child's reaction to traumatic stimuli.

Scenario two: Teenage boy gets shown a picture of an attractive woman and gets turned on.. then gets shown a picture of a male subject and then doesn't get turned on... OR VICE VERSA.... gets called a bigot and parents get investigated. OR gets their sexual orientation broadcasted in front of the class and gets bullied or called a bully....

And in the sexual education standards they are pushing they want children to know what masturbation is and how to do it by the 2nd grade... WTF??????

What are you talking about? That is so unfathomably unrealistic, I can't even...No one is suggesting anything even remotely similar to what you're attacking.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Watch the YouTube video link I posted. It's all there with documentation. The sex ed standards are in the opening post.

EDIT: Here is another video that is shorter that has the medical devices and tells you that they are in fact in use in the state of Colorado...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kWaH3l1Zvw
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:27 am

When I was in the 2nd grade I was learning about the rainbow, sure as hell not masturbation...
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby NiteRunner81 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:26 pm

If there is any one thing about Common Core that should concern you it is your free time at home with your children will no longer be YOUR time with YOUR child. At school in the classroom they are no longer teaching reading, writing, and arithmetic. They are teaching test prep and you will be responsible for teaching the reading, writing, and arithmetic AT HOME DURING YOUR TIME WITH YOUR CHILD... And they will begin implementing programs during the summer. The summer.. when I want my children spending recreational time with their extended family. This will cut into fishing, gardening, and camping time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4SigOg ... e=youtu.be --- A mother of a 3rd grade child who has developed anxiety and behavioral issues at home due to test prep DRILLING happening in her classroom.

So if you take away one thing that is negative about common core.. let it be this.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby Duel of Fates » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:08 pm

The NEA should be shut down and chalk it up as a social experiment failure.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby NiteRunner81 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:08 am

It can't be irony or coincidence that 34 out of the 46 that adopted CCSS are trying to pull out like a dude afraid of pregnancy...
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby Duel of Fates » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:23 am

NiteRunner81 wrote:It can't be irony or coincidence that 34 out of the 46 that adopted CCSS are trying to pull out like a dude afraid of pregnancy...

Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby NiteRunner81 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:19 am

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:
What are you talking about? That is so unfathomably unrealistic, I can't even...No one is suggesting anything even remotely similar to what you're attacking.

Umm.... look below.. This is out of http://www.ed.gov/edblogs/technology/fi ... -17-13.pdf Promoting Grit, Tenacity, and Perseverance:
Critical Factors for Success in the 21st Century Which is the document outlining the devices being used to datamine childrens performance in schools.

NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:16 pm

I don't have the time right now to read all of this, but from what I'm seeing it's making the libertarian in me scream in disgust. I'm not misreading this am I?
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Nope you're not misreading anything... and I have a feeling some people aren't replying cause they're embarrassed that I proved my point.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions