Immigration reform ideas.

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Immigration reform ideas.

Postby deadmeow » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:39 pm

The plan of government is to divide and conquer. I do not believe in government, government laws and government borders. Government is making and using an immigration crisis to divide and rule. It is that simple. Make a crisis, and then make "laws" and changes to fix the crisis that give the government more power.

In the distant future we will have a world of nation-communities, that voluntarily share resources with each other, especially in times of need and disaster, so you will not see large scale immigration. What does this mean? It means cultures will be more stable, and cultures will not have large scale upheavals.

The point is, is that there are enough resources in the world for everyone, but the government corporate control system hogs most of the resources, and leaves the majority of the people arguing and fighting over a few pennies. For now we have to deal with governments who have two sets of rules. One for the people they seek to control, and the rules for themselves and their corporate cronies who fund them.

By letting in large groups of people from other government-states, the domestic tyranny believes it will benefit them and their control over the entire population as a whole. They actually hope for riots and similar things, as they can use these as an excuse to make more laws to control and crack down on the population.

The only reform that is coming in the immigration system is one that will benefit those at the top of the pyramid. Once you understand the system for what it is, you understand that you cannot benefit in the long run, by engaging and participating in it. The government system (and all violence) has no right to exist in the first place.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:47 am

deadmeow wrote:The plan of government is to divide and conquer. I do not believe in government, government laws and government borders. Government is making and using an immigration crisis to divide and rule. It is that simple. Make a crisis, and then make "laws" and changes to fix the crisis that give the government more power.

In the distant future we will have a world of nation-communities, that voluntarily share resources with each other, especially in times of need and disaster, so you will not see large scale immigration. What does this mean? It means cultures will be more stable, and cultures will not have large scale upheavals.

The point is, is that there are enough resources in the world for everyone, but the government corporate control system hogs most of the resources, and leaves the majority of the people arguing and fighting over a few pennies. For now we have to deal with governments who have two sets of rules. One for the people they seek to control, and the rules for themselves and their corporate cronies who fund them.

By letting in large groups of people from other government-states, the domestic tyranny believes it will benefit them and their control over the entire population as a whole. They actually hope for riots and similar things, as they can use these as an excuse to make more laws to control and crack down on the population.

The only reform that is coming in the immigration system is one that will benefit those at the top of the pyramid. Once you understand the system for what it is, you understand that you cannot benefit in the long run, by engaging and participating in it. The government system (and all violence) has no right to exist in the first place.

Government is absolutely necessary for humans. We will make one if we don't have it, so it's best to have one we all can influence.

Go check out any animal community, they also have a government of sorts (a hierarchy for sure).

The only way you can avoid government is to not be social.

Your view is basically communism, and it doesn't work in the real world because humans have a tendency towards bad behavior. We need a government to police us, but at the same time we have to police it.

Put 10 people together on a project and I will bet you $20 that they will insist on choosing a leader.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:00 am

Just wanted to stop in and see how that open border is working for everyone? We all feeling warm and fuzzy now that we took in thousands of undocumented illegals and spread them all over the country? Or maybe that warm fuzzy feeling is the enterovirus that seems to have mysteriously showed up infecting our children? What are the odds we allow thousands of undocumented children into our country and into our schools without any medical screening, and an enterovirus strain that was prevalent in Central and South America has suddenly appeared here amongst our kids?

Let's keep the border open. Wouldn't want to discriminate. Ebola anyone?
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby WD-40 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Duel of Fates wrote:Just wanted to stop in and see how that open border is working for everyone? We all feeling warm and fuzzy now that we took in thousands of undocumented illegals and spread them all over the country? Or maybe that warm fuzzy feeling is the enterovirus that seems to have mysteriously showed up infecting our children? What are the odds we allow thousands of undocumented children into our country and into our schools without any medical screening, and an enterovirus strain that was prevalent in Central and South America has suddenly appeared here amongst our kids?

Let's keep the border open. Wouldn't want to discriminate. Ebola anyone?

Two more years is a dangerously (if not fatal) long time to have 'stupid' in office. :-|
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:32 pm

WD-40 wrote:Two more years is a dangerously (if not fatal) long time to have 'stupid' in office. :-|

Agreed.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:03 pm

i third that notion
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:29 am

The enterovirus was not spread across the border - there have been variants in the US since 1962. Cases of Enterovirus 68 have been reported worldwide, and there's no significant clustering in South America.

But hey, who cares about facts these days, when you can make up a story that fits your pre-existing political bias?
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby WD-40 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:42 am

Darth Crater wrote:The enterovirus was not spread across the border, and there's no significant clustering in South America yet.

Fixed
Darth Crater wrote:But hey, who cares about facts these days, when you can make up a story that fits your pre-existing political bias?

Honestly Crater, I believe you wouldn't stop humping Obama's leg until he completely destroys the safety and security of the USA. And if he had 'all the power he needed' (as that dumb ass Gweneth Paltrow suggested he should have), he would have finished the job by now. But you're a Liberal, and Liberals don't care or want to know what is really going on around them, preferring to selectively believe some fantasy world exists around them. So there must be No deficit, no repetitive deception by the White House, no continual corruption by the Attorney General, no Ebola problems that could possibly infect US Citizens here in the US, no children's viruses being brought in over the border by illegals infecting our schools, no criminals and gang members sneaking in with them across the border, CDC has everything under control so no deception there, Benghazi never happened, ISIS is so 'JV' and not a threat, you want your doctor/health plan, you can keep your doctor/health plan, yada yada yada.

Yeah...let's just keep pretending everything is under control by the White House and all those 'imaginary' problems will suddenly go away. It's alllll goooood! :roll:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:05 am

Darth Crater wrote:The enterovirus was not spread across the border - there have been variants in the US since 1962. Cases of Enterovirus 68 have been reported worldwide, and there's no significant clustering in South America.

But hey, who cares about facts these days, when you can make up a story that fits your pre-existing political bias?

Three points here...
#1 - Those links aren't really providing any facts to contradict anything. I was actually disappointed in the Snopes article, they're usually better than that.
#2 - Proof of how devastating is is when viruses are introduced to a new environment http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Ame ... _epidemics
#3 - If Bush was to blame for Katrina, then Obama is to blame for Enterovirus and Ebola.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Darth Crater » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:13 am

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:Three points here...
#1 - Those links aren't really providing any facts to contradict anything. I was actually disappointed in the Snopes article, they're usually better than that.
#2 - Proof of how devastating is is when viruses are introduced to a new environment http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Ame ... _epidemics
#3 - If Bush was to blame for Katrina, then Obama is to blame for Enterovirus and Ebola.

Thanks for the contribution. I'm glad that you're making an effort to discuss this, instead of (say) posting a long Gish Gallop which also appears to be arguing against a strawman rather than my actual beliefs. (Sorry for the Rational Wiki link, I don't like them usually but that was the most concise definition I found.)

It would be nice to see more from Snopes, but I don't see how they could have done any better here. I don't think there have been any publications about the outbreak yet, so quotes from epidemiologists were about all they had. Also, "immigrants brought this disease" is a positive claim, so until the people making it have provided some evidence for it, there's not really much reason to take it seriously, Sure, there's technically a correlation, since they happened at around the same time. But there are all kinds of correlations that don't imply causation. Here's some amusing ones: http://www.tylervigen.com/

I'm well aware of how viruses can spread through a vulnerable population. Fortunately, the United States does not count as "vulnerable." Enteroviruses are actually pretty common - millions of us get them each year, usually in the form of mild colds. This one's been found in hundreds of cases, and killed several children. Any number is unfortunate, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the influenza we deal with yearly. Here's a nice-looking summary of the enterovirus outbreak I found from 7 October: http://www.vox.com/2014/9/8/6122471/what-we-know-about-the-new-enterovirus-outbreak-virus

I don't think it makes much sense to blame a President for extreme weather, or for the changing viral landscape. Hopefully we agree on that. I do wish we'd gotten more aid to West Africa sooner, though. I don't know how much we could realistically do, but there's a good chance we could have saved a lot of lives.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions