Immigration reform ideas.

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Immigration reform ideas.

Postby WD-40 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm not going to dive into the debate of Stock Market effect vs. Immigration Reform (even though I was a Financial Planner for a few years in the 90's), but I will say that given the opportunity, newly legalized Mexican Americans will use their power base to, not only continue to influence the outcome of elections, but 'determine' the outcomes. Democrats in the Senate and House want to protect their jobs by appeasing the Mexicans here, but they do no see the 'forest thru the trees'...ie the big picture. They will have literally voted themselves out of a job, one/two Congressional members at a time. Mexicans are crapping out 'anchor babies' left and right. They know there's strength in numbers, and soon enough, they will be a strong majority. Then the will move more aggressively, especially once 'legalized', and take control of local, state and federal offices all over the U.S.. Once it's done it's done. Too late to stop it, because once they have the power, it's over, and we will be called the United States of New Mexico.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Mandalore » Wed May 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Yes, WD-40. That seems completely right. I remember when those same exact fears about the Germans in the late 1700s panned out to be the exact same. From that point on our ancestors started speaking German and swearing loyalty to the Kaiser.

Yes, WD-40. That seems completely right. I remember when those same exact fears about the Irish in the 1850s panned out to be the exact same. From that point on our ancestors started speaking Irish and swearing loyalty to the Crown before we gained our independence in 1921.

Yes, WD-40. That seems completely right. I remember when those same exact fears about the Chinese in the 1870s panned out to be the exact same. From that point on our ancestors started speaking Mandarin and swearing loyalty to the Emperor. (Although given the racial disparity there was actually legislation enacted against "Orientals" for upwards of 40 years).

Point being, you're not new and hip when it comes to these ideas. Old white men have been terrified of losing their power ever since the foundation of our wonderful country. The very act of making immigrants illegal is what is hurting the economy far more than legalizing them and having them enrolled in various systems. Without being in these systems they are not paying towards social security. medicare, and other social services programs as well as taxation in general. This is a huge error simply because not only are they being deprived of the rights they would have as Americans, but the American populace isn't getting the same benefit out of them that they would other wise have. Having a young workforce is extremely good, because as stated, they help prop up the economy in terms of spending. Not to mention that when they pay into social services they are also help propping up the same terrified white people who tried to deny them the very ability to support them in the first place. The act of making them illegal is the thing that hurts their willingness to assimilate (in regards to your ignorant New Mexico comment). Unless you are a full blooded English/Scotch protestant, your immigrant ancestors probably faced this same type of irrational dislike.

Also Dread, I'm not even going to bother responding to your idea about bringing in sub-minimum wage jobs. That might be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. Especially given that we're already facing historic income inequality. We're at Gilded Age/French Revolution levels. And the argument of 'HUR HUR BUT PEASANTZ SO MUCH BETTER OFF NAO" is so outrageously stupid. Of course they are. Many services are subsidized by the government (food stamps) or have become so cheap or so integral to our way of life that we view them as needs. I'm sure the same argument was used in the 1890s since the lower classes then could afford more goods than people had done previously. And no, the way the stock market functions now is most certainly not how it should. Nor is the market working correctly. What I described is a major part of how you define a bubble. Combine the things I mentioned along with soaring levels of government and personal debt you've got a future [poo] storm on your hands. When you have a stock market surge coupled with a limping economy...absolutely not working correctly.

As to WD-40s argument about how the democrats will benefit from more Latin American immigrants...well, that's really just due to the strategic stupidity of the Republican Party. Most Latin Americans are conservative Christians, the fact that the right basically tries to dehumanize them is what drives them away from the right wing.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:49 pm

You're mixing apples with oranges Mandalore. The political landscape wasn't the same in Europe as it is here. Whites 'will' be in the minority in the near future. That's a 'fact'. Mainly because of illegals being allowed to hang around along with their their bountiful offspring producing activity. I do agree with your last paragraph...not. Republicans have been trying to preach and pass legislation for Americans to take responsibility...too get a job...to 'work' for a living! Democrats are all about handouts and entitlements. 'Free crap' works perfectly well in the psyche of minorities and illegals and that is why the Dems keep doing it to keep getting re-elected. I never said I didn't want them here, but I did state what I believe will happen. Don't like it? Tough [poo]! Sure we need more low paying garbage men that pay their taxes versus just taking money under the table while still getting free health care. Why not?

Mandalore, not every illegal came here with the idea of making a better life for them and their family. Although I understand that, breaking the law is still breaking the law. Break one, why not another? certainly you must know that a certain amount of the 'criminal element' in Mexico came over the border with the 'intent' of breaking the law and finding fresh goods to steal, women to rape, people to kill, gangs to form or enhance...What do we do about them?!? Oh, I know! Grant them Amnesty! I'm sure your flawless wisdom would agree.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Mandalore » Thu May 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Honestly WD-40...what you wrote is just a bunch of ignorant, racism/culturalism without any statistical references.

OH NO WHITES WILL BE THE MINORITY SOON. THOSE [m'kay] SUB HUMAN [plz ban me] AND WETBACKS WILL BE RUNNING OVER THE PLACE RAPING PEOPLE AND STEALING DER MONIEZ.
They're humans too, you [m'kay] tard. Literally the only difference between us and 'them" is some pigment and opportunities randomly given to us by where we were born and to whom.

As for all your claims about them being a bunch of lazies who do nothing. It literally took one google search to find documentation by no less an illustrious a research group than Pew Research that completely refutes your claim on this matter. 94% of unauthorized immigrants are in the labor force in comparison to 85% for legal immigrants and 83% for natural born US citizens (http://www.pewhispanic.org/2009/04/14/i ... teristics/)

As for your fears about losing white majority...in 2043. (http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06 ... -2043?lite) so skurry rite?
Here's something even scarier WD! I put it as a spoiler because I know you're faint of heart.
Spoiler: show
What the average American will look like in 2050 Image
Oh nooooo, we're becoming brownerrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And seriously? Using a slippery slope argument? 94% of immigrants (illegal) that were polled stated that their reason for coming were economic in nature. (Same Pew Research Stude). As for the criminal elements of Latin America...you mean a group of gangs mostly driven by the sale of an herb that is safer to use than cigarettes and alcohol? A drug that originally was banned in the 30s mainly backed by timber lobbyist who felt it was encroaching on their business? Maybe if we stopped a ridiculous ban and actually embraced our national heritage of immigration we could let the border patrol actually patrol for something more worthwhile than people doing the exact same thing that our ancestors did, for the exact same reason.

Now, if you would like to bring in scholarly studies and references to this discussion to back up what seems like racist/ignorant drivel that would be most welcome.

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Thu May 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Mandalore wrote:As for the criminal elements of Latin America...you mean a group of gangs mostly driven by the sale of an herb that is safer to use than cigarettes and alcohol? A drug that originally was banned in the 30s mainly backed by timber lobbyist who felt it was encroaching on their business? Maybe if we stopped a ridiculous ban and actually embraced our national heritage of immigration we could let the border patrol actually patrol for something more worthwhile than people doing the exact same thing that our ancestors did, for the exact same reason.

While I agree with the general sentiment of your post, isn't cocaine more important than marijuana when talking about Latin American cartels? I certainly wouldn't characterize them as "mostly driven" by marijuana. And cocaine absolutely does have harsh side effects.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby WD-40 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:06 pm

Mandalore wrote:Honestly WD-40...what you wrote is just a bunch of ignorant, racism/culturalism without any statistical references.

OH NO WHITES WILL BE THE MINORITY SOON. THOSE [m'kay] SUB HUMAN [plz ban me] AND WETBACKS WILL BE RUNNING OVER THE PLACE RAPING PEOPLE AND STEALING DER MONIEZ.
They're humans too, you [m'kay] tard. Literally the only difference between us and 'them" is some pigment and opportunities randomly given to us by where we were born and to whom.

As for all your claims about them being a bunch of lazies who do nothing. It literally took one google search to find documentation by no less an illustrious a research group than Pew Research that completely refutes your claim on this matter. 94% of unauthorized immigrants are in the labor force in comparison to 85% for legal immigrants and 83% for natural born US citizens (http://www.pewhispanic.org/2009/04/14/i ... teristics/)

As for your fears about losing white majority...in 2043. (http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06 ... -2043?lite) so skurry rite?
Here's something even scarier WD! I put it as a spoiler because I know you're faint of heart.
Spoiler: show
What the average American will look like in 2050 Image
Oh nooooo, we're becoming brownerrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And seriously? Using a slippery slope argument? 94% of immigrants (illegal) that were polled stated that their reason for coming were economic in nature. (Same Pew Research Stude). As for the criminal elements of Latin America...you mean a group of gangs mostly driven by the sale of an herb that is safer to use than cigarettes and alcohol? A drug that originally was banned in the 30s mainly backed by timber lobbyist who felt it was encroaching on their business? Maybe if we stopped a ridiculous ban and actually embraced our national heritage of immigration we could let the border patrol actually patrol for something more worthwhile than people doing the exact same thing that our ancestors did, for the exact same reason.

Now, if you would like to bring in scholarly studies and references to this discussion to back up what seems like racist/ignorant drivel that would be most welcome.

So...How much alcohol did you drink this time before you wrote this garbage?!? Pray tell, Where did I say they were 'lazy and do nothing'??? It's pointless to debate with an arrogant, egotistical, self-righteous punk like you.

Tell you what...Kiss my ass!...Not the right cheek...Not the left cheek...but directly in the middle!

Edit: BTW 'asswipe' (since you're into name-calling now), I KNOW and I SAID that there are 'some' who come here to MAKE A BETTER LIFE LIFE FOR THEM AND THEIR FAMILY! READ WHAT I WROTE DOUCHBAG! But all of them still broke the LAW to get here! Perhaps the LAW is meaningless to you. Would explain your 'so-what' attitude.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Mandalore » Thu May 22, 2014 11:25 pm

http://www.policyalmanac.org/crime/arch ... king.shtml

Old data but I doubt it's changed incredibly. Going by the amount seized. 1200 metric tons of marijuana. 111 tons of cocaine.

And WD, to quote "free crap works perfectly fine in the minds of minorities and illegals."

"Crapping out anchor babies"

And just in general your opinion on non whites came across loud and clear.

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:29 pm

Mandalore wrote:http://www.policyalmanac.org/crime/archive/drug_trafficking.shtml

Old data but I doubt it's changed incredibly. Going by the amount seized. 1200 metric tons of marijuana. 111 tons of cocaine.

And WD, to quote "free crap works perfectly fine in the minds of minorities and illegals."

"Crapping out anchor babies"

And just in general your opinion on non whites came across loud and clear.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whatever...I'm about obeying 'THE LAW'! Your 'assumption' about Racism is Laughable at best. Nice try. Try not to shoot from the hip with your ill-thought fantasies and drug-induced conclusions next time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gonna play some BF2...YOU go 'play with yourself'! Enjoy! :th_a017:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Darth Crater » Thu May 22, 2014 11:57 pm

Mandalore wrote:http://www.policyalmanac.org/crime/archive/drug_trafficking.shtml

I can't find exact market prices (obviously), but some research suggests that cocaine is worth five to ten times as much as marijuana per pound. It's clearly a major factor in the cartels' operations. (Also I am probably on another NSA watchlist now!)

It's also possible that cocaine is relatively harder to detect, since the increased value per pound makes more smuggling methods viable. However, that's speculation, not evidence.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Mandalore » Fri May 23, 2014 1:06 am

I'm not disputing the money value, but manpower wise. If border patrol and DEA could focus on hard drug runners instead of illegals and pot smugglers, how much more would be saved.

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions