ISIS vs the West vs Assad vs Free Syrian army vs the Kurds..

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

ISIS vs the West vs Assad vs Free Syrian army vs the Kurds..

Postby Sir Bang » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:05 am

...vs Iran (reached character limit in title).

Confused? Hopefully this letter to the Daily Mail should clear things up...

:wacko:
Sir Bang
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: sirbang1

Re: ISIS vs the West vs Assad vs Free Syrian army vs the Kur

Postby WD-40 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:25 am

Normally..."The Enemy of my Enemy, is my Friend". Clearly, that's not the case here. Maybe 'The Enemy of my Enemy is a temporary Ally with certain exceptions'(?)
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Sir Bang » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:38 pm

WD-40 wrote:Normally..."The Enemy of my Enemy, is my Friend". Clearly, that's not the case here. Maybe 'The Enemy of my Enemy is a temporary Ally with certain exceptions'(?)

Well whoever we’re allied with I sincerely hope the USA can get the job done without committing ground troops. ISIS needs to be wiped out, but it should ideally be the Iraqi Army, the Kurds and/or the Iranians who contribute most to the effort on the ground.

However I personally don’t see the root cause getting removed (radical Islam) even if ISIS is wiped out. The west and its overly-PC approach just hasn’t got the balls to confront certain practices such as sharia, halal, segregation, radicalism, child marriage, work practices (handling of pork/alcohol), restrictions on freedom of speech/expression, anti-semitism, women’s rights etc etc. The demanding of all these practices by some (but by no means a small minority of) Muslims is a lesser example of radicalism which just confirms to me there’s a major culture clash going on in the West, fanning the flames of hate and helping contribute situations like that in Iraq/Syria.

SB
Sir Bang
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: sirbang1

Postby WD-40 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:46 pm

Obama is now blaming National Intelligence Director James Clapper for Underestimating the ISIS threat, and Overestimating the Iraqi Military's ability to fight them. Blame, Blame, Blame. He's good at that. Over 6 years of practice. A former Pentagon Intelligence dude said "Either Obama isn't reading his Intelligence reports, or he's bullshiiting."
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:49 pm

250.PNG
250.PNG (253.88 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Return to Non-Game Discussions