Tillamook On The News

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Tillamook On The News

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:16 pm

http://www.tillamookcountypioneer.net/street-preachers-make-appearance-in-rockaway-beach/

Basically we have two street preachers (I dunno if they actually have churches or not, I live in South County, not Central County where Tillamook is) that are basically acting like they belong to the Westboro Baptist Church. They usually loiter around the handicapped spots at my local Safeway (a grocery store.) They are homophobic. They also harass any teenager or young child if they are wearing spaghetti straps or anything revealing. I've witnessed them yell at a bunch of cheerleaders in uniform. They also go off on anyone who appears to be a single mom. I got it one day. They called me out for not wearing a ring, and I told them I was divorcing and they went off on me some more. They have called girls as young as 4-6 (I really couldn't tell) whores. Those younglings were wearing their ballerina leotards.

On Memorial Day they really pissed off lot of people by standing on a couple benches that were part of monument placed in 1995 by Post 7558 of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and dedicated “In memory of those who have sacrificed their lives in the armed forces of the United States.

There is a counter group that are marching and rallying for "Tillamook For Love" a group that is supporting gays and spreading positivity. What irks me is that this group is only rallying for gays, not against the other ways these street preachers are harassing the community.

On the day they harassed me and assumed I was an "unwed mother" (I know, sorta accurate, but not yet) I just got so ticked that I told them I was a jedi and kindly greeted them on the way out "may the force be with you" and I got yelled at even more for mocking god.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Re: Tillamook On The News

Postby [NH]Shadow » Wed May 27, 2015 8:49 pm

NiteRunner81 wrote:) I just got so ticked that I told them I was a jedi and kindly greeted them on the way out "may the force be with you"...

That's pretty [m'kay] awesome. Keep standing up to these idiots! I'm glad that the community is making a stand also, judging from the pictures toward the bottom of the article. :appl:
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Re: Tillamook On The News

Postby WD-40 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:59 am

They just want attention. Unless you're gonna clock them upside the head for insulting you or family members (recommend checking for video cameras first), then I wouldn't even acknowledge their presence in any way.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Return to Non-Game Discussions