Mad Max: Fury Road

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Mad Max: Fury Road

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:49 pm

Anybody else here watch it yet? If you haven't, do it. Such a fantastic action film.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road

Postby deadmeow » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:50 pm

I downloaded it yesterday. It was okay. Typical Mad Max film, except no Mel Gibson. The new guy was okay though.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:52 pm

deadmeow wrote:I downloaded it yesterday. It was okay. Typical Mad Max film, except no Mel Gibson. The new guy was okay though.

Watching it in theater offers a much different experience I feel. Definitely worth the money for me. Why did you just find it okay, if you don't mind me asking? For me, the directing and effects were phenomenal, and I loved the fact that women weren't just used as the sexy damsels. Furiosa was arguably the main character of that film, with Max being more supportive.
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby Hobo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:21 pm

The theme of female empowerment was a bit forced. Other than that it was a good movie
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby deadmeow » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:34 am

The first two films of the series were the best. If not compared to the older films, then maybe it is better than okay.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Hobo wrote:The theme of female empowerment was a bit forced. Other than that it was a good movie

How is it forced? Just because most of the heroes happen to be women instead of men? I suppose you can say that most action films have forced male empowerment then...

deadmeow wrote:The first two films of the series were the best. If not compared to the older films, then maybe it is better than okay.

I've truthfully never seen the originals so I cannot touch upon that.
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby deadmeow » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:53 pm

The first two films are great. Would make a great third person shooter game.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby Hobo » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:09 pm

صَامَّنُحْ(=DK=) wrote:
Hobo wrote:The theme of female empowerment was a bit forced. Other than that it was a good movie

How is it forced? Just because most of the heroes happen to be women instead of men? I suppose you can say that most action films have forced male empowerment then...

The show portrayed all the men evil and all the women not-evil, except for these few exceptions after being around said not-evil women for a period of time. Also apparently skinny, 80 year old grandmothers know how to drive motorcycles down 60 degree inclines of sand and shoot high caliber rifles. Its not really a big deal to me but that seemed pretty silly.

Also, the giant aquifer waterfall was stupid as hell, why did furiosa decide to dump all the water into the ground at once instead of ration it like the previous guy was doing? Why are both of them dumping it in the sand to begin with? They live in a desert, you would think they would do a better job conserving water.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Hobo wrote:Also, the giant aquifer waterfall was stupid as hell, why did furiosa decide to dump all the water into the ground at once instead of ration it like the previous guy was doing? Why are both of them dumping it in the sand to begin with? They live in a desert, you would think they would do a better job conserving water.

Immortan Joe had plenty of water actually in supply. The only reason he gave it out so sparingly was to maintain a sense of control over the residents of the Citadel and make them dependent on his mercy. He wanted to remain a god to them. Furiosa is aware of this since she's like a daughter to him, so she knows it's okay to release a large amount of the water, especially in a time of celebration.
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby [JOG]WorldFear » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:06 pm

deadmeow wrote:The first two films are great. Would make a great third person shooter game.

It would literally be Borderlands. This movie was Borderlands.............
Formally TheDoctor, KiraHumanShinigami, LordSasuke, DemonicNinja, Phresh_J
[JOG]WorldFear
Community Member

Xfire: thelorddragon

Next

Return to Non-Game Discussions