Game of Thrones

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Game of Thrones

Postby WD-40 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:52 pm

Read all the books, saw all the HBO episodes, and it presses on.

Sadly, George R.R. Martin has sat too long on his fat ass and not release at least 2 more books by now, so the series has caught up to/ surpassed his book series.

That being said, I have a whole new respect for midgets/dwarfs as actors due to Peter Dinklage literally 'owning' the talent factor for the series. If you havent seen the series, I couldn't give it higher praise. Fantastic series. Season 7 is next.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Mandalore » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:47 am

Been through the books four times so far. Up to season 5 on the TV series. Best fantasy series I've ever read in that the characters are actually believable. Even if everyone roots for the wrong side. The Starks should die and it's my fear that they will come out on top more than likely. Which would really ruin a lot of the premise of the series to be fair. Unless they start playing the game better, that is.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Mandalore wrote:Been through the books four times so far. Up to season 5 on the TV series. Best fantasy series I've ever read in that the characters are actually believable. Even if everyone roots for the wrong side. The Starks should die and it's my fear that they will come out on top more than likely. Which would really ruin a lot of the premise of the series to be fair. Unless they start playing the game better, that is.

Yeah, I think the Starks really mucked up 'Playing the Game'. Gotta be brutal to survive. The series would look pretty good with Light Sabers vs Swords too. :lol:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Hobo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:29 am

WD-40 wrote:
Mandalore wrote:Been through the books four times so far. Up to season 5 on the TV series. Best fantasy series I've ever read in that the characters are actually believable. Even if everyone roots for the wrong side. The Starks should die and it's my fear that they will come out on top more than likely. Which would really ruin a lot of the premise of the series to be fair. Unless they start playing the game better, that is.

Yeah, I think the Starks really mucked up 'Playing the Game'. Gotta be brutal to survive. The series would look pretty good with Light Sabers vs Swords too. :lol:

What should've happened:
[SPOILERS]

The only part I hate about GOT is how little family members each house actually has. I haven't read the books so maybe the TV producers left out a lot of content but it always irritated me how all of the "old, great houses" only have 2-5 actual family members.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby WD-40 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:40 pm

That was awesome! Yeah, to really appreciate the show, reading the books helps. But it doesn't take much to wipe out a 'House'.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Return to Non-Game Discussions