Windows 10 :D

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Windows 10 :D

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:14 pm

After a few days of using Win 10, I came to the conclusion that Edge sucks culo. It takes too long. I would read an article, scroll down to read the rest, and I would have to wait a few seconds for it to catch up and scroll. Not liking that. While the same site using Google responds instantly.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby deadmeow » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Internet Edge Explorer, Internet Explorer Edge, Microsoft cannot make a decent web browser. :P
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby KOko » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:09 pm

WD-40 wrote:Well, realizing that this thread started with a quote about my Penis, my first thought was 'I hope it doesn't digress any further' since I was a 'bit tipsy' when I wrote that. :whistling: That being said, I haven't downloaded it yet, but if it has better security protocols, that would interest me. Otherwise, the desktop I have is good.

Being a Technical Support agent for a security software company in the last year and a half, I can say there is no such thing as security protocols in Windows. There is damage and there is cleaning. Some viruses/trojans/malwares are doing less damage and are easy to clean, some do a lot of damage and are hard to clean.

The guys who are writting the hacks and are discovering the exploits are using fundametal issues with the way Windows is build, especially the rights management. Most of these haven't been fixed since Windows XP (the first NT kernel based customer version). In terms of security, 10 is not better than 7 or 8. It is just as easy to patch critical Windows 10 system files and gain control over the processes as it has ever been. All you need to do is to send the customer email with attached "monthly bill form AOL" or "slip from your Fedex package", etc, etc... People are NOT prepared and in some extent - generally stupid. They are easy to manipulate and Windows is NOT taking this into account, giving the average user Joe access to things he cannot understand and control.

These things set apart... I like Windows 10 better than 8 and I am using it :)
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Previous

Return to Non-Game Discussions