I've been a bad girl

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: I've been a bad girl

Postby WD-40 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:18 am

صَامَّنُحْ(=DK=) wrote:
WD-40 wrote:
صَامَّنُحْ(=DK=) wrote:I'm 12 years old and what is this.

Samunah? I can't remember. I think you're the one who uses that Muslim script for your name. Allah Ackbar...

Yep! Fun fact: Only 19% of Muslims speak Arabic.

Hopefully that cuts down on the number of POS ISIS recruits!
Okay then. Here's another 'Arabic fun fact'. Not that you and I are hijacking the thread. :whistling:

I flew P-3C Orion's for the U.S. Navy from '86-'90. During one over seas tour, we helped the Saudis by Patrolling up and down the Gulf of Oman to keep an eye on the Iranians during the Iraq/Iran War. That being said, while there, one of my fellow crew members had a gold necklace made (back when it was affordable) in Arabic Script that he gave to his wife. 'She' thought it said her first name. It actually said '[female dog]'.
He had fun telling everyone that when she got it, she showed all her friends and neighbors it, saying "Ohhh look! It says 'Jenny!'"
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby FaiL.? » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:46 pm

HA!
Laughed way too loud at this at work
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Haha WD-40. كلبة (Kelba), which I assume was the word on the necklace, is extremely insulting, not only because it is the Arabic equivalent to b*tch, but because dogs are considered very dirty animals under the Islamic faith. When I was in the UAE, I saw literally no dogs. Lots of cats, however!
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Previous

Return to Non-Game Discussions