Election 2016

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Election 2016

Postby Darth Crater » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Yeah, Cruz has previously said he was angling to pick up Trump and Carson supporters. If he does that, he has a good shot at leading in Iowa.

WD-40 wrote:Regarding Bernie's situation, since when do Democrats give a damn about the law? If it was a software bug, that's the Dem National Committee's fault, not his. Interesting, but I think the DNC was just using Bernie for show to lessen the (obvious) appearance that Hillary is 'the chosen one', and has been since the beginning. They also don't want him getting steam like Trump had and shoot out in first place (especially with her legal issues), so they're gonna hurt him and help Hillary, i bet, as much as they can and get away with it. Notice she's been on 'the low down' lately? What do you suppose is going on there?

I think that Hillary has been out of the news lately because she's letting Trump run with the media attention. She most likely believes that, the longer Trump is the face of the Republican party, the further up her chances of winning creep. Sanders is still just a sideshow to her. She won't write him off, not after 2008, but she's already playing for the national election.

Thanks for your thoughts on the border and immigration stuff.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Mandalore » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:18 am

Just came to check in on this site and saw this thread.

I will be voting for Sanders in the primary in my state and hopefully for the presidential election but I doubt he'll end up coming on top. He has a lot of support in voters of my age but as Crater earlier on, he doesn't have support from the other parts of the democratic party. I'll probably end up voting for Hillary solely on the premise that there are three justices over the age of 78, with Ginsburg being in her eighties.

The only candidate whose even remotely sane on the conservative side of politics these days and his blessed figure will be running as the Libertarian candidate yet again. Beyond disappointed he didn't even try for the Republican nomination this time around. Then again, not like he would gain any traction in that utter [poo] show.

TL;DR: Still [m'kay]. But not anymore than we have been hopefully. Please keep waving good bye as both parties continue to piss away fundamental privacy rights.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:47 pm

I refuse to vote in this election. There are no good candidates. My job prospects in politics are essentially ruined for the next eight years because I cannot work on any candidate's campaign with a health conscious, rendering the probability of me working in the White House (which is a goal of mine) zero...
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby Sketchup » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Hillary, Bernie, and Trump are truly horrible, authoritarian candidates.

I would encourage everyone to stand with Rand Paul, the only candidate who is for both Social and Economic freedom.
Sketchup
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:06 pm

So, Trump still isn't out of the race. And nobody seems to be putting forth the effort to stop him. The moderate and establishment votes are fractured between too many infighting candidates. And the other alternative, Cruz, is somehow even less popular with the party leaders than Trump. To the point that they're actively trying to tear him down, while suggesting Trump may be a lesser evil. I admit, I did not see that coming.

Meanwhile, on the Democratic side, Bernie Sanders is still doomed by the demographics. He may take a couple early states, but he can't overcome Hillary's broader support, especially in the south.
Sketchup wrote:Hillary, Bernie, and Trump are truly horrible, authoritarian candidates.

I would encourage everyone to stand with Rand Paul, the only candidate who is for both Social and Economic freedom.

I admire Rand Paul for his stance on things like privacy and encryption. Sadly, outside of that, his voting record is as hardcore right-wing as it's possible to be.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Mandalore » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:13 pm

Sketchup wrote:Hillary, Bernie, and Trump are truly horrible, authoritarian candidates.

Become a real libertarian you casual scum and support Gary Johnson. [m'kay] that theocratic dictator Rand.

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Sketchup » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:30 am

Gary Johnson was a trash governor who became a libertarian only to stay relevant. He's been sucking on Ron Paul's titties for a decade now. Your taste in political candidates is even worse than your taste in video games.

Battlefront 2015

Bernie Sanders

Bandwagon

Beta Male

Sketchup
Community Member

Postby Mandalore » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:03 pm

You criticize Johnson for his what, one interaction with Paul when he endorsed him in 2008? Then you go on to mention Rand whose only claim to fame is being Ronnie's boy. Rand the supposed libertarian who wants no government interaction with marriage but child birth must be strictly regulated! Theist fascist!

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Previous

Return to Non-Game Discussions