Just some footage I put together to go with a song...

Post pictures and videos here. Any vulgar pics will be removed and punishments will be delivered.

Just some footage I put together to go with a song...

Postby Flyswamper » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Have thought for a long time I should put some footage together for AC-DC Shoot-to-Thrill frag video... Finally did it.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Re: Just some footage I put together to go with a song...

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:39 am

U certainly like humping that tank :lol: :lol:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby Flyswamper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:52 am

(SWGO)Kren wrote:U certainly like humping that tank :lol: :lol:

Heh...yeah I knew that footage was all the same. That spot is probably the easiest in the game to get lots of kills in a hurry and thereby make getting plenty of video footage quick-n-painless. Maybe in the near future I'll put something together with a little more variety of scenery. :)
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby haasd0gg » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:17 am

Tank humpa!

haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Well fly, i couldn't make out how good you are.
All i was seeing was some broken down tank :whistling:
But the last village part was impresive :gunsmilie: altough ill still prefer to snipe :gunsmilie:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Flyswamper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:19 pm

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:Well fly, i couldn't make out how good you are.

Well...truthfully, I'm just an old fart that probably has average reflexes and play with slightly sub-par pings to servers (as compared to most people in major US cities on broadband). But, I have put in a ridiculous amount of time playing so I like to think my tactics aren't too shabby...at least in maps/modes that I play regularly in (which is either RUSH or Conquest and always on full servers)

My vids aren't intended to show off or anything. For me, the vid starts with a song and the game footage is just the window dressing. I could enjoy watching a vid of a cat licking itself if it was set to awesome music... he he...

Speaking of which, I'm not sure but I may try to put together an AC-DC "TNT themed" clip together. I love that song as well and one of the things that makes me laugh everytime in-game is when I manage to pull off a suicidal run/drive to blow up the enemy (usually enemy armor) with TNT or C4. I just haven't saved much raw footage for it or I'd have it done already....

But the last village part was impresive :gunsmilie:

Honestly, that is more representative of my everyday play style... Lots of flanking maneuvers and defending/attacking MCOMs. There is just a lot more time-gaps of running around when doing that as compared to setting up my tent on that tank (gets lots of kills in short time there)

altough ill still prefer to snipe :gunsmilie:

Sniping is fun for ....oh... about 2 seconds for me. You'll see me these days with sniper guns because there is one or two of them that I haven't platinumed yet. But I can't sit still with em...I'm more of an assault-sniper. I run around like a chicken with my head cutoff and get lots of no-scopes and quick-scope kills (along with my share of deaths). But I do enjoy having guys in the server with me that like to find a hiding spot and snipe people. I especially enjoy them on the other team. I have an awful lot of dog tags that those guys have contributed to my collection. :P
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 pm

yea but there is a setback on BC2 for me.
There are a huge ammount of weapons indeed, but you cannot change what they can do.
On crysis 1 i was unsadisfied about the ammount of weapons, but you can modify them ALL.

Put on silencers any time you like, laser sight that improoves aim but makes you visable.
Short to sniper distance scopes, even a G-launcer attachment, but the 4 diffrent types of granades on Crysis is epic
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Flyswamper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:23 pm

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:There are a huge ammount of weapons indeed, but you cannot change what they can do.

Have you gotten all of the unlocks for all the weapons/classes yet? While the modifications are surely different than Crysis and there might be more (I don't know)..... In BC2 there are quite a few ways to equip your guns. Generally speaking you can choose between iron sights, red dot, 4x scope, 12x scope (if it's sniper). You can also choose stuff like extra ammo, better fore-grip, slugs & heavier rounds, etc.... For assault rifles you can equip with grenade launcher, shotgun round, or smoke grenades, etc.. etc....

Perhaps I misunderstand and/or you didn't state it clearly/correctly, but you can modify the loadout that goes along with nearly all the weapons in BC2. How you equip them depends on what the weapon class is and, of course, how you want to play.

but that said....I don't think anybody ever claimed BC2 is best because of weapon choices or anything like that. It's big (giant) selling point is the destructible environment that comes with the Frostbite game engine. Just like at the end of my video where I shoot people through the bamboo walls and in other places where you see the trees/building getting destroyed and people losing their cover. Perhaps that is hard to see because I recorded the footage at 50% scale ...which makes it fairly blurry even before you get video compression to get file size down.

I'm pretty sure one of my earliest BC2 videos that is posted on my youtube channel shows a bit more examples of buildings being destroyed....
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Hmm well i didn't knew you could change it for BF2, i couldn't in singleplayer.

What i meant for crysis, is that you can modify your weapons at any time in the game, even on the heat of battle, where you must change for example from long to short scope.
instead of dying because having a long range weapon, you modify it to a short range weapon within seconds.
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Flyswamper » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:24 am

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:Hmm well i didn't knew you could change it for BF2, i couldn't in singleplayer.

Well, first we need to be sure which game we are talking about.

In Battlefield 2, aka BF2, you can not customize your weapons.

In Battlefield Bad Company 2, aka BFBC2 or BC2, you can customize as I mentioned.

In both games I've done very very little single player. I buy and play these games to frag against other humans and with any gaming buddies that might be around at the time (just in-game or in our voice server). I've played single player on them, but I can't honestly remember anything about the weapons customization in single player. I kinda/sorta think it was more scripted where you use this weapon now and are almost forced (strongly suggested) to use another weapon to accomplish the next mission. All my experience is in the online multiplayer part....
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to Pics and Vids