Best Movies...and why

Post pictures and videos here. Any vulgar pics will be removed and punishments will be delivered.

Best Movies...and why

Postby WD-40 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:48 am

Oooo...a topic I've wanting to see forever here. I would sit in a theater, watch the previews, and think, 'I want to watch that'! A year or so passes by, and I'd forget the title, let alone the plot. :-| Anyway, what I like and what 'you' like may be totally different. But that's not the purpose here. It's to express what you've seen, whether a preview or the movie itself, and what you liked about it. It's that simple. Don't smack someone down due to it, unless you want to deliberately say, 'It's a 'chick flick'. Which is good for those of us who are married and want to score points with the 'wifey'.

Anyway, I'll kick it off with my all-time favorite ( believe it or not, George Lucas had nothing to do with it). It is 'Constantine'. It's a Kneau Reeves Movie with that hottie actress Rachel Weisz. Funny thing is 'Tilda Swinton' (whose in it) bought the house in Scotland belonging to my Sister in Law's Dad. Nice joint. Ohh..Shia LeBeuf is in it too. A supporting actor, but steals the scenes like a true professional.

Bottom line, it's a story about the 'Supernatural'...but a damn good story and acting! Gavin Rossdale (the Singer) is in it too playing a Demon. He does a great job! Anyway, look up the plot, see the trailer, and watch the movie. I think you'll believe it was worth the time you invested. Any others??

WD
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Re: Best Movies...and why

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:19 am

My Three Favorite Movies:

...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby Hobo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:11 am

I'm really looking forward to batman. I saw it as a movie preview when I saw mission impossible, also good. But Batman just blew me away.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby Dad » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Highlander. The original movie, not the crap the came after.

If anyone has seen me deal with a "Dad" impersonator, It goes something like this...

I hunt them down, kill them, tell them to change their name, then kick them. Then I type...

"There can be only one"
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby Duel of Fates » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:52 pm

"I think this place is restricted Wang. Don't tell them your Jewish, alright?"

If Caddyshack ain't on this list, the world really is coming to an end. This movie is a classic comedy with nothing more than one liners for the dialogue, and a rockin' soundtrack.

Close second favorites, Animal House, Stripes, and Blues Brothers(the original).

Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Jedi Power » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Wow! Nobody has listed the Star Wars movies yet? Star Wars is still my favorite. That is Episode IV: A New Hope for all you kiddies. :lol:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby SuperHappyMan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 pm

C'mon meow, we all know what movie is really the best.
SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:53 pm

After star wars episode III, i would have to say Lord of The Rings number 2. i just love helm's deep. :geek:
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Jedi Power wrote:Wow! Nobody has listed the Star Wars movies yet? Star Wars is still my favorite. That is Episode IV: A New Hope for all you kiddies. :lol:

Why Episode IV? I'd say if you're going to include Star Wars, Episode V is the best to refer to. It is the most theatrical and is highly regarded by most critics as the best.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:44 pm

(=DK=)Samonuh wrote:
Jedi Power wrote:Wow! Nobody has listed the Star Wars movies yet? Star Wars is still my favorite. That is Episode IV: A New Hope for all you kiddies. :lol:

Why Episode IV? I'd say if you're going to include Star Wars, Episode V is the best to refer to. It is the most theatrical and is highly regarded by most critics as the best.

Isn't that the only one that Lucas didn't Direct?

And Duel, I think you let off 'Ghostbusters'. That was a hoot!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Next

Return to Pics and Vids