Best Movies...and why

Post pictures and videos here. Any vulgar pics will be removed and punishments will be delivered.

Re: Best Movies...and why

Postby Jedi Power » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:36 am

Star Wars is still the best story and movie in my opinion. Besides... you all would not have the effects and inspiration for all these other movies without it. :star-wars-smiley-008:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:05 am

Trying to pick "favorites" is hard as hell....there are so many awesome movies. I would have to classify movies by genres. Sci FI....star wars 4 and 5 (didnt care for Return of the Jedi much), I will probably get crap for this but....I loved Starship Troopers..the first one....Blade Runner..classic movie all around, Logan's Run..old but loved it as a kid. Drama movies.....Godfather 1 & 2..the third was terrible, pretty much all Clint Eastwood's "Dirty Harry" movies, Interview with a vampire was aslo an awesome movie. In animated movies...Beowulf..and yeap..Toy Story..all 3. Horror movies, Evil Dead..they were funny as well as scary, also the Exorcist was pretty damn weird when I saw it as a kid. Comedies...pretty much all of Bill Murray's movies, my favorite though is "Groundhog Day". War movies....Saving Private Ryan, Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now. I guess I could go on and on but these are my fav's.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:37 pm

^The Godfather Part III wasn't terrible. It was just trumped by the first two, which were both masterpieces.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby fightingclam » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:18 pm

[SWGO]hadrian wrote:After star wars episode III, i would have to say Lord of The Rings number 2. i just love helm's deep. :geek:

The third LOTR is definitely the best of the three.....the other two just build the plot waay too much. Helm's deep is the 1 part of the second one I actually watch :oldman:
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Xfire: fightingclam9

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Band of Brothers and John Adams were both great. Also, anything on Dread's xfire page. :lol:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby FaiL.? » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:17 pm

fightingclam wrote:
[SWGO]hadrian wrote:After star wars episode III, i would have to say Lord of The Rings number 2. i just love helm's deep. :geek:

The third LOTR is definitely the best of the three.....the other two just build the plot waay too much. Helm's deep is the 1 part of the second one I actually watch :oldman:

yeah, i have to agree clam, although, i like the balrog scene(s) in the fellowship of the ring.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Flyswamper » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Kentucky Fried Movie - because I've never seen it while I was sober.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Mandalore » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:13 am

Return of the Sith, Avatar, Gone With the Wind (Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn), Sex Drive (not the "uncut" aka put tits and dicks everywhere cuz it'll make it better), Gone in 60 seconds, Full Metal Jacket (Only steers and queers come from Texas), Return of the King (Just skip the [heffix] hobbit parts, Aragorn is where it's at) can't really think of anymore. Seen so many in my long, long life. :P

As for TV shows:
The Walking Dead- Just superbly done
Avatar: The Last Airbender - Great series, actually pretty complex story lines for a "kid's" show.
Scrubs - Best comedy show ever.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Richdog » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 am

My favs: Howard the duck, SW episode 2, twighlight 1-4, the notebook, who's your caddy, star trek generations, killer clowns from outer space, attack of the killer tomatoes and return of the killer tomatoes.

All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Postby Matt-Chicago » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Superhappy, I get your reference to SuperTroopers.

Without thinking about it too much:
Airplane I & II
I Heart Huckabees
Idiocracy
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

PreviousNext

Return to Pics and Vids