Interest Check for an LP.

Post pictures and videos here. Any vulgar pics will be removed and punishments will be delivered.

Interest Check for an LP.

Postby SuperHappyMan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:12 pm

So I find myself with copious amounts of free-time, and nothing to do with it other than sit on my ass and listen to music. So, in order to fill this hour and a half long waste of space in my day, i've been thinking of doing an LP of Galactic Civilizations 2 on these forums, since I don't have a Something Awful account and have completely failed to remember to save money for one.

It'll be in a screenshot format, with my usual commentary [poo], although I will be doing some more creative [poo] from the viewpoints of the different factions, just to flex my creative muscles a little bit. It's really meant just for some fun, maybe involve the community a bit when it comes to fleet leaders or Senators or some [poo]. Anyway, if anyone would be interested, feel free to respond. If nobody is interested, i'm going to do it anyway, because [m'kay] you all you don't know my creative GENIUS
SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Re: Interest Check for an LP.

Postby Heatmaster78 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:47 am

I have no idea what that game is but good luck (?)
"La mort n'est rien, mais pour vivre vaincu et sans gloire, c'est mourir tous les jours."
("Death is nothing, but to live defeated and with no glory is to die every day.")

- Napoléon Bonaparte
Heatmaster78
Community Member

Xfire: heatmaster78
Steam ID: heatmaster788

Postby WD-40 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:08 am

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is an 'LP'? That'll help me and others get what you're aiming to do.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Darth Crater » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:02 am

A LP is a "Let's Play". Basically, he plays a game, and posts screenshots and reports on what's happening. There are a lot of different styles for this (written in or out of character, humorous or serious [usually the former]); Narg's already stated pretty much what he'll do. Some LP'ers get the community involved by asking their input on decisions, naming ingame units after community figures, etc.

As for interest: I'll read it.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:57 am

I thought an LP was a record. Back in the day we used to play music using a phonograph... aww nvm :wheelchair:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby SuperHappyMan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:27 am

haasd0gg wrote:I thought an LP was a record. Back in the day we used to play music using a phonograph... aww nvm :wheelchair:

I will be publishing this LP to vinyl in order to reach my older target audience
SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Postby Belgarath » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:32 am

Cool, i'll just add you to the fifteen other LPers I watch. I'm think of doing one too, I might do Assassins Creed, probably on YouTube.
Belgarath
Community Member

Return to Pics and Vids