SWBFIII

Post pictures and videos here. Any vulgar pics will be removed and punishments will be delivered.

SWBFIII

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat May 19, 2012 1:56 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Re: SWBFIII

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sun May 20, 2012 12:48 am

Didn't we already go over this footage? Wait, MT, weren't you gone for awhile? You might not have seen that topic. Yup, here it is.

To answer your question, yes, Free Radical Design became Crytek UK.

Related to this topic, while I did like The Force Unleashed, I would have loved SWBF3 far more.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun May 20, 2012 2:01 am

You know..if there ever is a BF3....all you non believers better get on your knees, and thank God for it.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun May 20, 2012 3:25 am

Yea i missed that topic.
BTW wulf how is the mod comming along?
I tought it was going to be released by now :evil:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:BTW wulf how is the mod comming along?
I tought it was going to be released by now :evil:

MT

Well my team is making several mods, but considering the topic at hand I'll assume you mean Battlefront III. Well I've been taking it nice and slow, and several of my team members went AWOL. It's going nicely, when I am working on it.

And I never gave any indication of when the mod might be released, so you've no one to blame but yourself for giving yourself an idea of when it might come out. The EAW:FOC mod Republic At War has been in development for years. Unless they're small mods and/or not done well, they take time.

If by any chance you weren't talking about Battlefront III, and you were referring to The Clone Wars which did have a release date (quite a few, to be honest), then I can say I'm working on that mod as well. It's the highest priority of all the mods I'm the Lead Developer on. I'm putting Mass Effect: Unification ahead of it priority wise because I'm generally a nice guy who thinks of others before myself, I can't make myself care about my own mods more.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun May 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Wulfi, what is Frayed Wired? And what is it that you do? Do you mod out games? Are you working on a BF3 substitute? Sorry if I'm asking alot of questions but I'm curious after reading a few posts.
*I see your signature has some answers to my questions, but I was hoping to you could entertain me alittle bit more about Frayed Wire and what it is.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sun May 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Frayed Wires Studios is a work-in-progress video game developer. For now we're content making mods for Star Wars Battlefront II, but eventually we'll move onto brand new games.

Originally it was just a modding team I started with Darth_Spiderpig. I proved that I apparently was a decent modder (which I don't really believe myself, it's just what I've been told), and that I didn't suck as a leader. I also didn't act like an [derriere orifice]. It turns out people like those three things, and people started joining up. Soon 2 became 5, 5 became 10, and so forth). I had entertained the thought of turning it into a real company one day, but I wasn't optimistic about it until my now Co-Executive Director, Marth, brought up the same concept. The only "official" members of the company are Marth and myself, the other 18 or so members are simply part of the old modding team.

I used to call myself the Team Leader, but I've recently started calling myself the Executive Director. I can't call myself a CEO, since Frayed Wires Studios is non-profit at the moment.

I started the mod, Star Wars Battlefront III (link in my signature), after I officially gave up the idea of an official SWBF3 ever being released in the near future. It's goal is pretty simple. Create what I think SWBF3 may have been like if released in 2006 or so. My first major mod was The Clone Wars, a mod based on the 2008 Clone Wars TV series. Then there's SWBFII: Evolved, a visual mod that improves the look of a lot of the stock models, and adds new weapon models as well. Online compatibility as well. I can't comment on Shattered Mirror at this time.

Mass Effect: Unification (link in my signature) is my Co-Executive Director's primary mod. It's based on the Mass Effect series, as you could probably tell. He's the Lead Developer on the project, but I'm basically the Secondary Developer on the project.

Keep in mind all of these projects are in development and there are no release dates.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my abilities.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Postby Dad » Sun May 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Wulfman, do you live near New Jersey? Then you could teach me this stuff and I could help.

I promise that New Jersey is nothing like the "jersey shore".
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun May 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Immpresive, please let me know when you have Beta's of anything BF3. I would love to check them out.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby THEWULFMAN » Mon May 21, 2012 7:02 am

Dad wrote:Wulfman, do you live near New Jersey? Then you could teach me this stuff and I could help.

I promise that New Jersey is nothing like the "jersey shore".

Heh. No I live on the Citadel Presidium. :ugeek:

but4srs, I live in Columbus, Ohio. Regardless, however, you can learn to mod without having someone there to do help you. Head on over to the Gametoast forums. Gametoast is a forum dedicated to almost nothing but modding Star Wars Battlefront II. I or one of my fellow Gametoastians would be glad to help you learn (a member of Frayed Wires is actually most likely to help you out, Marth, AQT, Yuke or myself). It takes a lot of practice, but once you get used to the process it can be very fun (still a lot of work either way).

11_Panama_ wrote:Immpresive, please let me know when you have Beta's of anything BF3. I would love to check them out.

I'll keep that in mind, and thanks. :)

Wait... what the hell? Why does SWGO not have a simple happy face smiley?
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Next

Return to Pics and Vids