Why am I doing this? Am I insane?

Post pictures and videos here. Any vulgar pics will be removed and punishments will be delivered.

Re: Why am I doing this? Am I insane?

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun May 26, 2013 2:10 am

Doubling the size would do what to the image? Also, there's going to be a "shell" on this, wouldn't that cover up the lines? Unless the doubling of lines would be a visible on the end product, I guess I would. I really have no clue on doing animation on computers. That includes all programs used. Don't know if you already have, but do you have a link to more of your work?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Yanoda » Sun May 26, 2013 11:50 am

11_Panama_ wrote:Doubling the size would do what to the image?

Are you referring to the actual image size or the number of lines?
Increasing image size with vectors allows one to include small detailed areas that would normally not be visible in non-vector based artwork.
Referring to the lines, increasing the number would make the squares/sections of the sphere smaller and more abundant. I'll be using this as a basic guide line so that the hulls section under construction are perfectly aligned with the perspective.

For instance with the above image, the grid will create a guide for me to have the uncompleted sections of the Death Star II, with proper curving etc. Having more squares in the grid would allow a more finer and detailed look. You can compare it to two 40in TVs, one being able to show 1080p quality and the other 4320p. The 4320p TV would give a more clearer and detailed image versus the 1080p.

11_Panama_ wrote:Also, there's going to be a "shell" on this, wouldn't that cover up the lines?

The lines will be mostly used as just a reference and partially for the texture.
11_Panama_ wrote:Unless the doubling of lines would be a visible on the end product, I guess I would. I really have no clue on doing animation on computers. That includes all programs used. Don't know if you already have, but do you have a link to more of your work?

Right now, there isn't more about the Death Star II than what I have here.
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun May 26, 2013 7:13 pm

Thanks for the explanations, as I said earlier... I have no clue on Vector's and these programs used for animation.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Yanoda » Sun May 26, 2013 7:50 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:Thanks for the explanations, as I said earlier... I have no clue on Vector's and these programs used for animation.

Oh, forgot about the explanation on that!
A vector is a type of digital image built from shapes instead of pixels, which can be scaled indefinitely and modified without loss of quality (or pixelation).
Illustrator is more of a Vector Program than animation. Adobe Flash is the program of choice when animating. Though one can create works in Illustrator and import them to Flash to animate the works.
I don't have much experience with Flash/Animation as compared to Illustrator.
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun May 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Is Vector a free program? If not, anything comparable out there free?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Yanoda » Sun May 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Vector is not a program, but a format.
Inkscape http://inkscape.org/ is is a free program that is dedicated to making vector art.

Here is an extensive tutorial on Inkscape http://white-heron.deviantart.com/art/I ... x-57134905
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Previous

Return to Pics and Vids