Keyboard Issues

Keyboard Issues

Postby ☣Arcfíre® » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:11 pm

My keyboard has been somewhat unresponsive lately and I'm hoping to fix it because I don't really want to waste 20-30 dollars on a keyboard because a few keys don't work properly. My question is that is there a way to clean the keyboard without breaking it?

Thank you
☣Arcfíre®
Community Member

Xfire: mxacfre

Re: Keyboard Issues

Postby Jango_Fred » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 am

Compressed air is about your best bet.
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Michaeljackson2010 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:42 am

Imma Go With Paper Clip With A Wet Tissue On Top & Use A Flashlight To Watch Were Your Going. :gunsmilie:
The American Star Wars Security Force Leader,
Protecting Us Now,

Image(SWSF)MJ
Michaeljackson2010
Community Member

Xfire: michaeljackson2009
Steam ID: Deathmaul1999

Postby samonuh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:10 am

SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby Jango_Fred » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:19 pm

I don't really see this as being an unwarranted necro. As far as we know....the problem has not been solved. Although the suggested solution is idiotic... the thread is still a viable location for responses. If we start a thread discussing a cure for cancer and it goes ignored for 8 months then someone posts a 100% guaranteed cure for cancer...are you going to harass them for necroing the thread or should they not post the cure and millions still die because you are lying in wait to criticize for necroing?

And finally, I have some new info to the original question....so Samonuh can attempt to belittle me for necroing the thread even further:

As a trial, I have run 3 keyboards through the dish washer and after confirming 100% that they were completely dry before replugging them back in, all 3 worked fine. Just make sure there is nothing else in the dishwasher with significant food particles. If you don't have a dish washer, I would imaging the same would apply with washing it under running water; just make sure it is dry before using it.
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [m'kay] » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Jango_Fred wrote:As a trial, I have run 3 keyboards through the dish washer and after confirming 100% that they were completely dry before replugging them back in, all 3 worked fine.

Might I ask what led to this... trial?
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Jango_Fred » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm an I.T. guy...and very into the scientific method. And boredom as I'm currently unemployed. OH... and I had a keyboard that was really dirty so I said "What the hell?"
Nargotah wrote:
Jango_Fred wrote:As a trial, I have run 3 keyboards through the dish washer and after confirming 100% that they were completely dry before replugging them back in, all 3 worked fine.

Might I ask what led to this... trial?
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby samonuh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:30 pm

Jango_Fred wrote:so Samonuh can attempt to belittle me for necroing the thread even further

Necro
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Return to Hardware