restart software after every game / lose connectons

Moderator: Jango_Fred

restart software after every game / lose connectons

Postby Bocca » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:47 am

OK...this started this week...everytime game ends my game locks...all i see is the last screen shot...for 30 seconds or 30 minutes...however I want to sit there...it's all i see...the last screenshot...i have to "end task" and restart game...what's up? help...
Did anyone see which way that guy went?
Bocca
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: boccaxfire

Re: restart software after every game / lose connectons

Postby WD-40 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 am

It's hard to say. Matt may know more, but I experience that alot too, both on my laptop and my desktop. I thinks it's a reload with the server, but whether it's the game server or our individual computer servers, I don't know. Sometimes it's slower than usual, and you are correct in that it seems it got stuck. Have you noticed anyone starting the next round on RM, even though your game screen shows the last screen shot?
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Matt-Chicago » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

bocca wrote:OK...this started this week...everytime game ends my game locks...all i see is the last screen shot...for 30 seconds or 30 minutes...however I want to sit there...it's all i see...the last screenshot...i have to "end task" and restart game...what's up? help...

Do you see the game map saying victory/defeat or the list of players and scores?
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby (SWGO)2EAZY » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:03 pm

I have that sometimes when the match ends and it's showing the game stats while the next map is loading. It's ussually when I don't move my mouse around. It's the weirdest thing.
It doesn't matter how far a puller can launch or how good he is at at the game. He's still a n00b.
(SWGO)2EAZY
Community Member

Postby Bocca » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:39 am

every game i'm playing hangs just before it ends...100% out of about 10 games games this morning...

since this began i've walked away a couple times for 20 minutes...come back and same screenshot on screen...hanging there...

I have no problem alt-tab'ing and doing anything else on my machine...

WD-40 wrote:Have you noticed anyone starting the next round on RM, even though your game screen shows the last screen shot?

yes...i see the game continues on RM...w/out me :(

Matt-Chicago wrote:Do you see the game map saying victory/defeat or the list of players and scores?

no...it seems to hang just before then...this morning on space map i heard the voice "that's one for the republic" just as i made victory kill...then it hung...

UPDATE TO THIS POST:
wow...moments ago...time ran out on death star...0:00 on the clock...game hangs...i did a shift-PrtSc cuz i was gonna show everybody what it looks like and that i'm not crazt...as soon as hit the PrtSc button it rolled!!...and the game ended normally...??? Will keep posted if this was fluke or not...but WOOHOO! (if it wasn't)...

UPDATE UPDATE:
seems was a fluke...just hung on mustafar as game ended...

i wonder if i'm getting credit for games played when the end (in fact, DON'T end) in that way...matt?
Bocca
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:40 pm

You definetly have a bug, but make sure you clean out old files, like in Temp Internet folder, history,etc. I assume you've been shutting down and restarting the computer to re-freshen your RAM too? Then, I'd seriously consider reloading the entire game to your computer. Make sure you get the patches that are required. I think there's the 1.1 patch for finding servers, but if anyone else can think of any, please post.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Bocca » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:04 pm

WD-40 wrote:You definetly have a bug, but make sure you clean out old files, like in Temp Internet folder, history,etc. I assume you've been shutting down and restarting the computer to re-freshen your RAM too? Then, I'd seriously consider reloading the entire game to your computer. Make sure you get the patches that are required. I think there's the 1.1 patch for finding servers, but if anyone else can think of any, please post.

I SHALL NEVER RELOAD! THAT TAKES FOREVER! i am a pro at this as i have a son that likes to load every mod he can until the game blows up LOL

but i will clean out my temp files as you suggested

i don't shut down my pc...just the game...

i do disable-enable my adapter...get new ip address, etc.

here is an example...right as game ends on mustafar a moment ago... http://www.xfire.com/profile/boccaxfire/screenshots/?view#106415199
Bocca
SWBF2 Admin

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:36 pm

no need to disable your adapter.

open a cmd window and type: ipconfig/release

it will spit out a couple lines about no IP
then type: ipconfig/renew

viola- new IP :afro:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:39 pm

If I see this happening at the end of games with the screen/game is hanging there. I go into RM and then begin customing kicking players and usually I come across the player that has caused the issue (unknown to them) and once I kick said player the game restarts/next map loads and all is sorted.

Anyway that's how I have resolved the issue when I come across it.

Regards,

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby WD-40 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Definetely restart your computer from time to time bocca. It's how you clear out the RAM for faster processing. sometimes a complete shutdown and restart isnt bad either. If you type 'msconfig' in the command window, you can check to see if there's any useless crap running in the background that isn't evident during normal computer use. Disable the useless crap, and restart to take effect.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to Software