LAN Help

Moderator: Jango_Fred

LAN Help

Postby Ouagadougou » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:37 pm

I wanted to take my friends on in SWBF2 with all computers using the same wireless internet connection. Since you cannot play with more than one computer on normal online/multiplayer with the same IP address, the other option is to set up LAN, so I attempted to do that, but the other computers couldn't find the game/server I set up. I looked around online for help, but the only help I could find was to directly connect the computers with a cord. Please inform me if I can't do it with this game, but with most other multiplayer games it is really simple to set up a wireless LAN.

Could anyone tell me step-by-step how to set up an LAN via wireless internet/modem or ad-hoc?

Thanks,
Ouagadougou

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When people fear the government, there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson
Ouagadougou
Community Member

Xfire: huskerfan8765

Re: LAN Help

Postby Draigun » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:36 am

It is possible to play with the same IP under a different key. It's been done numerous times.

But that aside, if you want LAN, you have to make a server with Server Manager. The in-game way directs the server publicly to the master list.

In order to use Server Manager, you need to install this first: http://www.fileplanet.com/160811/160000 ... r-%5BPC%5D

Then, you can install Server Manager: http://www.filefront.com/15262913/swbf2sm110.zip/
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Re: LAN Help

Postby Ouagadougou » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:29 am

Hey thanks Draigun, it didn't even cross my mind to give that a try.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When people fear the government, there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson
Ouagadougou
Community Member

Xfire: huskerfan8765

Return to Software