BattleFront Profiteers

Re: BattleFront Profiteers

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Thu May 28, 2015 3:05 am

Star Wars is a story. Nobody really has the ability to decide what legitimately occurred and what hasn't throughout the story's timeline, given that it is all made-up. Sure, George Lucas or other individuals involved in the creation of the movies can claim all they want that only specific portions of the story are "canon," but at the end of the day their opinion is no more important than anybody else's. The beauty of storytelling and interpreting is that it's a very personal art form, and we all are able to view a story in any which way we so desire personally. To me, KOTOR is most definitely canon. That it my interpretation. While others may try to tell me that I am wrong, I really don't care.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu May 28, 2015 7:39 am

Unfortunately (IMO) Star Wars novels did themselves in. Classics like the Thrawn trilogy/ Hand duelogy and both x-wing series gave way to 19, 9, & 9 Novel sets. Way too much..... big overload..... and for them to fit a movie trilogy into place with all that would have been a nightmare. I'm actually glad they're not trying.

Add to that they started putting out books that were essentially random sci-fi ideas which slapped the Star Wars logo on the front and then were shoe horned into the SWEU. For example.....
Death Troopers
Shadows of Mindor
Red Harvest
etc

Personally I lost interest in trying to keep up after NJO. That series had about 6 maybe 7 good books (out of 19 Novels and 3 E-novels) but it was way too drawn out. After that LotF killed off (Spoiler Alert).... certain favorite characters..... then the latest series FotJ was boring and repetitive. (I couldn't get past the 3rd book) I was very happy with the Hand of Judgment series Timothy Zahn was making, (Allegiance & Choices of One) but after they killed off "certain favorite characters", I believe he said he was canning or holding on the the third book.

I will however second the notion that, even though they may claim my favorite novels are not part of the EU...... Thrawn, Rouge/Wraith Squad, and Mara Jade will always be part of Star Wars to me and my universe. I'll figure out for myself how it all fits together.

Anyway excuse my small rant :) I haven't done one here for a while. Bet you all missed these :innocent:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Trigger » Thu May 28, 2015 10:48 pm

Col. Hstar wrote:Add to that they started putting out books that were essentially random sci-fi ideas which slapped the Star Wars logo on the front and then were shoe horned into the SWEU. For example.....
Death Troopers
Shadows of Mindor
Red Harvest
etc

Never did like Red Harvest. Personally, my favorite Star Wars book was
Republic Commando Order 66.
Loved the game, loved the books. (Until The Author stopped writing them, she was planning on doing Imperial Commando 2! :star-wars-smiley-008: )
"Welcome to the Cantina, how may I help you?"

Aimer: "I'll Aim, you pull the Trigger"
Trigger: "Sounds good to me"
Trigger
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:29 am

The books I read most recently are (no shocker here) the companion novels to SWTOR. I got to learn some of the back stories to some of the characters of the game, companions, etc, and found it very enjoyable. What they SHOULD have done is had everything ROTJ and prior be "canon" and left it alone.

oh and disney has already tried to kill SWTOR.. they can't till the game has been around for 10 years.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III