BattleFront Profiteers

BattleFront Profiteers

Postby NiteRunner81 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:03 am

So, I am a member of a group on Facebook that is trying to re-establish the Expanded Universe as Canon. Our mission is NOT to purchase any NEW Star Wars products... to give it to Disney up the rump... There is one thing I am battling with... whether to purchase/play BattleFront or not... I may not even have to purchase my own copy for PC.. My brother (and roommate) wants a copy and told me if I did his laundry he would "front" it... The question is.. who will wind up profiting for the game. In my opinion Disney isn't gonna get ANYTHING (or only pennies) for BattleFront and the continuing of SWTOR... EA is the Producer and we all know how EA is... They keep every cent they can. Would buying/playing the game really do much to defeat the purpose of the "rebellion"?
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Re: BattleFront Profiteers

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon May 18, 2015 4:12 am

believe me... disney will make a lot of money with the new battlefront. EA may be whatever, but they have to pay disney to get access to the star wars brand.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:37 pm

Unless it's Black-Market or other 'illegally' made/acquired data, Disney gets the profit. You won't hurt them one bit trying to end-run them, and those that do will likely get sued.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Darth Crater » Wed May 20, 2015 4:00 am

NiteRunner81 wrote:So, I am a member of a group on Facebook that is trying to re-establish the Expanded Universe as Canon. Our mission is NOT to purchase any NEW Star Wars products... to give it to Disney up the rump... There is one thing I am battling with... whether to purchase/play BattleFront or not... I may not even have to purchase my own copy for PC.. My brother (and roommate) wants a copy and told me if I did his laundry he would "front" it... The question is.. who will wind up profiting for the game. In my opinion Disney isn't gonna get ANYTHING (or only pennies) for BattleFront and the continuing of SWTOR... EA is the Producer and we all know how EA is... They keep every cent they can. Would buying/playing the game really do much to defeat the purpose of the "rebellion"?

Disney's probably getting something like 25% of the game's income in licensing fees. They paid $4 billion for Star Wars, you'd better believe they're aiming for a huge return on that.

Sorry if this is off topic, but: "Canon" has always been mainly a fan construction, right? All the old EU stuff is still there, nothing's happened to it. If you don't like the new stuff, that's fine, but I'm going to give it a chance on its own merits.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Mandalore » Thu May 21, 2015 2:28 pm

Old eu is [poo], sorry. Lucas horribly managed it by letting everyone use the same three main characters in a fifty year span. By far the worst is the clone wars time line. Anakin and obi would literally need to be in three places at once.

The only good series off the top of my head would be bane, commando, x wing, thrawn, med star, njo if I'm being generous.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu May 21, 2015 4:26 pm

the clone wars was awesome, what are you talking about man. If you want it to be realistic, then star wars wouldn't even have battle noise in the middle of space :whistling:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [NH]Shadow » Thu May 21, 2015 7:47 pm

CommanderOtto wrote: If you want it to be realistic, then star wars wouldn't even have battle noise in the middle of space :whistling:

Or lightsabres. :whistling:
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby Mandalore » Fri May 22, 2015 4:01 pm

It was a very poor use of the assets. I'm already suspending my belief enough to believe that ten million clones can subjugate an entire galaxy.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Trigger » Wed May 27, 2015 12:55 am

Mandalore wrote:It was a very poor use of the assets. I'm already suspending my belief enough to believe that ten million clones can subjugate an entire galaxy.

hmm...
"Welcome to the Cantina, how may I help you?"

Aimer: "I'll Aim, you pull the Trigger"
Trigger: "Sounds good to me"
Trigger
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:54 pm

the Thrawn trilogy is one that people are most disappointed about not getting. I'm pissed that we're not gonna have Mara Jade. They could have at least everything that chronicles the time before The Phantom Menace still be canon. Which includes the KOTORS, SWTOR, Bane.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III