No Selectable Server List??!!

Re: No Selectable Server List??!!

Postby deadmeow » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:34 pm

I won't be in a rush to buy this, if there is no selectable server list. I understand adding match-making as an option, which is fine, but why limit it to that? It is like they are trying to go out of their way to ruin it for no reason.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:24 am

I signed it a few days ago, and so has Darth Fred, Ripley, Burzerker and Pootus!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:32 am

Doesn't this mean they are simply saying no servers during the Beta test?

"recently announced Star Wars Battlefront Beta, our servers will use a skill-based matchmaking system to pair players together. Players just need to fire up the beta and select what game mode they want to play"

That would make more sense because they don't want noobs giving bad reviews or feedback because they played against top rated players
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:44 pm

Col. Hstar wrote:Doesn't this mean they are simply saying no servers during the Beta test?

"recently announced Star Wars Battlefront Beta, our servers will use a skill-based matchmaking system to pair players together. Players just need to fire up the beta and select what game mode they want to play"

That would make more sense because they don't want noobs giving bad reviews or feedback because they played against top rated players

Possibly the case, or they're covering their backsides since they knew people wouldn't like this.

It's a very bad move not to have selectable server lists for PC if it is the case. I don't understand why they wouldn't add it it, one they'd make alot of money for server renting and two it allows us players to choose exactly what we want to play. We all enjoy finding servers which play our favourite maps and playing on the servers of our favourite communities. It just seems stupid not including it imo. Games like TF2 have matchmaking and selectable servers. I don't see why this shouldn't. Bad move by EA if it turns out to be the case. Maybe they'l listen to their customers. not likely

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby WD-40 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:29 pm

SWINE FLU wrote:
Col. Hstar wrote:Doesn't this mean they are simply saying no servers during the Beta test?

Possibly the case, or they're covering their backsides since they knew people wouldn't like this.

It's a very bad move not to have selectable server lists for PC if it is the case. I don't understand why they wouldn't add it it, one they'd make alot of money for server renting and two it allows us players to choose exactly what we want to play. We all enjoy finding servers which play our favourite maps and playing on the servers of our favourite communities. It just seems stupid not including it imo. Games like TF2 have matchmaking and selectable servers. I don't see why this shouldn't. Bad move by EA if it turns out to be the case. Maybe they'l listen to their customers. not likely

Sign the petition Swine!
Brazosgrad wrote:More info here (Sign the petition if you would please, folks): http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Star-W ... 83737.html
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Ehh, don't like it at all, but I'm not going to be judgemental till I can personally judge the game when it comes out.

On a side note I did just recieve my new toy to get into some fighter action:

Ohhh I can't wait
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Looks nice MT. How much? I hope it's not as expensive as Saitek joysticks.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:15 pm

FaiL.? wrote:Looks nice MT. How much? I hope it's not as expensive as Saitek joysticks.

Nah, it's was 50€, it's pretty much a best-value model, good for people starting out with a joystick, more experienced joystick users usually go with the Warthog model:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/710iPWoEXxL._SL1500_.jpg

Though it's roughly 160$, quite a steep price if you ask me, then again people out there that do space sims(Elite dangerous/star citizen) all day, or heck maybe some hardcore battlefield jet expert might get these, the flips and switches sure do look addictive, guess I've gone slightly :offtopic:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:05 am

I signed, they are at 2,049 signatures, not bad.

I did buy Elite Dangerous, probably not going to buy Battlefront unless it's really good and even then, probably gonna wait for the price to come down like I did with Elite.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III