My Impressions of Battlefront from the Beta

Re: My Impressions of Battlefront from the Beta

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:25 pm

I really don't like the air combat controls, they are awkward, worse than BF2's I think. And when you spawn in, you can't maneuver for a few seconds but you can be shot. The combat quickly devolves into a series of turning battles, which I guess is how any arcade aerial shooter works, but it's boring. I'm actually not terribly sorry they didn't include space battles, as I don't think they would be very fun with the way they implemented fighters.

As I play more and more, I'm actually less and less impressed by what I see.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Jango<9thAC-Gen> » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:54 pm

I played the beta on PS4. Its really fun to play but like many of you have already said on here it lacks a lot of things that would really make it better.

Walker Assault is where I see the most problems, its so horribly unbalanced. The AT-ATs are practically unstoppable, even with a well coordinated team you just can't inflict enough damage on them. I think weak points on the AT-ATs would go a long way at balancing the game mode out. It would give the Rebels the ability to inflict bonus damage on them after the Y-wing bombings and allow them to inflict sporadic damage on them outside of that grace period.
“Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.” - Douglas MacArthur
Discord: WGO-Jango #8876
Jango<9thAC-Gen>
Community Member

Steam ID: jango210
Origin ID: WGO-Jango

Postby deadmeow » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:56 am

I haven't played the beta, but I have seen tons of videos. To me it looks pretty good. But if we cannot choose servers, that will be really bad. I also do not like the idea of all the players having jet packs. The lack of command posts to capture, is very un-battlefront.

Overall, it looks like a decent game, just does not seem like battlefront anymore. Will interesting to try out.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:07 pm

deadmeow wrote:I haven't played the beta, but I have seen tons of videos. To me it looks pretty good. But if we cannot choose servers, that will be really bad. I also do not like the idea of all the players having jet packs. The lack of command posts to capture, is very un-battlefront.

Overall, it looks like a decent game, just does not seem like battlefront anymore. Will interesting to try out.

You're quite correct that it isn't like Battlefront 2. It follows a more "Battlefield" perspective now. But I love the addition of the jetpacks. It makes the combat more interesting, and allows players to in a quicker fashion around large maps like Hoth. To prevent this being overused, DICE made it have a sizable cooldown time. Good thinking.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby WD-40 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:35 pm

FaiL.? wrote:
deadmeow wrote:I haven't played the beta, but I have seen tons of videos. To me it looks pretty good. But if we cannot choose servers, that will be really bad. I also do not like the idea of all the players having jet packs. The lack of command posts to capture, is very un-battlefront.

You're quite correct that it isn't like Battlefront 2. It follows a more "Battlefield" perspective now. But I love the addition of the jetpacks. It makes the combat more interesting, and allows players to in a quicker fashion around large maps like Hoth. To prevent this being overused, DICE made it have a sizable cooldown time. Good thinking.

I agree completely. Also, some locations require a jetpack to get the high ground and help cover your teammates, and ive had many close escapes, thanks to a jet pack, from a hero trying to kill me. The heros seem to be pretty effective at deflecting laser shots right back at you, and their arm movements are very fluid exactly like in the movie Revenge of the Sith in bolt deflection. I still hope to find out how to better fly fighters, but my bet is, that you need xbox controllers, and the keyboard/mouse combo is crap for those.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby FaiL.? » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:29 pm

I hope the game accommodates joysticks for the flying aspects of the game, or the flying game-modes.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:28 pm

FaiL.? wrote:I hope the game accommodates joysticks for the flying aspects of the game, or the flying game-modes.

I believe EA mentioned joystick support
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby WD-40 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:58 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:
FaiL.? wrote:I hope the game accommodates joysticks for the flying aspects of the game, or the flying game-modes.

I believe EA mentioned joystick support

In that case, I wish i could plug my crank in to save desktop space.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III