ARE YOU READYYYYYYY???!!!!!!!

Re: ARE YOU READYYYYYYY???!!!!!!!

Postby Jedi Power » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:05 pm

I had a lot of lag last night. It was really frustrating because I had a lot of complete game pauses for 5-10 seconds and in this game that is an automatic death. The first couple of days were fine, but now?!? I was somehow hoping lag would be a thing of the past since the 2005 version. I had player scores of 3 kills and 31 deaths. Ouch! I also hate that I can't place mines like in the old days of Battlefront 2. I was not the most skilled shooter, but could place some serious mines that kept my kills up. It is going to take some real getting used to.

How do we find each other in the game? I only see the list at the end of a round. Also, anyone know how to work the in-game type chat? The instructions for loading the game were almost nonexistent, and there isn't an instruction book on how to work the game. It is as if EA just expected everyone to know that we needed an EA account and already knew how to use Origin.

This is me getting blasted on every spawn now. :1399:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Yes I do miss the mines.... you know, a mine is a terrible thing not to use - heheheh :ninja:

But yea, I had lots of lag last night myself. Most likely the servers were overwhelmed. It's not battlefront 2, but it's battlefront is definitely growing on me. I found that I didn't want to leave. The game really gets better when you purchase better weapons and equipment. Start dying less and getting more kills.
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Xfire: supersamura1
Steam ID: samuraisaurus
Origin ID: SUP3RSAMURA1

Postby Corpse » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:42 am

Hey guys. Been a long time.

I really wanna buy this game (debating it about three times every day), but I have some reservations. Primarily, will the game's online community have any longevity? I can see its player base disappearing in time if there's no way for people to play with each other (I haven't used Origin so maybe I'm ignorant). That and the apparent impossibility of any community servers and no server browser make me apprehensive.

The game really gets better when you purchase better weapons and equipment. Start dying less and getting more kills.

As in purchase with real-world money? That feels like another deterrent to me, if it's the case.

Chances are I'll end up buying this within the next week and end up eating my own words tho.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Jedi Power » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:59 am

Welcome back Corpse! No. There isn't any real money. As you play, you earn credits to purchase new weapons and equipment.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:20 am

Jedi Power wrote:I had a lot of lag last night. It was really frustrating because I had a lot of complete game pauses for 5-10 seconds and in this game that is an automatic death. The first couple of days were fine, but now?!? I was somehow hoping lag would be a thing of the past since the 2005 version. I had player scores of 3 kills and 31 deaths. Ouch! I also hate that I can't place mines like in the old days of Battlefront 2. I was not the most skilled shooter, but could place some serious mines that kept my kills up. It is going to take some real getting used to.

How do we find each other in the game? I only see the list at the end of a round. Also, anyone know how to work the in-game type chat? The instructions for loading the game were almost nonexistent, and there isn't an instruction book on how to work the game. It is as if EA just expected everyone to know that we needed an EA account and already knew how to use Origin.

This is me getting blasted on every spawn now. :1399:

Don't feel bad. I'm getting slaughtered too. :lol: If I break even on kills/deaths, I'm happy. I think the higher score guys must use playstation/Xbox and also if they get the AT-AT first. I finally got the jet pack (Rank 15) but not near as fast as many others got it. Helps me get up higher to snipe with the Pulse Rifle on open maps like Hoth. I like the Ion Missile for when I'm fighting AT-STs and AT-ATs. It's very effective against the AT-ST's all the time, and the AT-ATs only after a Y-wing attack while they are radiating that electricity and are vulnerable. I like using the DL-15 hand gun for closer combat, and the DLT-19 auto-rifle for longer range bursts. What's nice is that each time you regenerate after getting killed, you can switch primary weapon and your card selection to suit the moment. There's other toys I haven't gotten to yet, or cannot purchase yet, but am anxious to try.

If you befriend someone on Origin, you can tell if they are online and join whatever map they are on provided the map isn't full. You may or may not get on the same team. I believe Origin has a selection for in-game chat too. If you want teams, you'll likely have to set up a 2-8 player rodeo with Origin Friends by doing 'invites'.

I agree, it's not much like BF2, but this is very realistic and much more difficult. I like to charge into battles, but I have learned that is a very bad idea, as you will get picked off pretty easily.

Always grab a blue disc to keep that bottom card useful. When I get a rocket launcher I try to save it for killing an AT-ST or when the AT-ATs are vulnerable to do damage. But one of the best grenades to pick up in game is the Thermal Detonator. I took out a fully charged AT-ST with it...very deadly and LOUD!

It will be quite awhile before I get experienced enough to be a decent challenge, but multiply that by my old fart age....I just don't have the reactions of my younger days. I think I may just keep the mind-frame to just have fun and not worry or be concerned about my score. That alone will make enjoying the game far simpler.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Corpse » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:28 am

Jedi Power wrote: There isn't any real money. As you play, you earn credits to purchase new weapons and equipment.

Thank the gods, old and new, for that. I picked up an Origin code for about £37. Maybe I shouldn't make impulse buys at 2am.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:31 pm

The amount of nades that you can use at once in the new Battlefront concerns me. Thermal detonators, Impact Grenades, Grenade Launchers....
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 pm

FaiL.? wrote:The amount of nades that you can use at once in the new Battlefront concerns me. Thermal detonators, Impact Grenades, Grenade Launchers....

Homing missles, ion torpedos, proximity mines (that magically kill you and enemies, but not friendlies), orbital strikes...

Watching videos, I've seen guys go with a loadout of impact grenade and thermal detonator and then pick up a thermal imploder (which is probably the most awesome sounding and looking weapon the game in terms of effect). The resulting carnage is rather epic.

Just like I always used to say about the Tantive IV on SWBF2: Oh goody, it's my favorite level, the Blastive IV on Rocketfront II.

And Dice found a way to one up that, color me impressed. :lol:

At least we don't have to pay for our incompetence every two seconds (seriously, that announcer was hilarious and annoying at the same time, glad he's not in this game).

Still holding off on the purchase, I want it to come down to at least $40-45. Hopefully they will still have a decent playerbase by then.

Like others, I am seriously concerned about the longevity of this game with no server browsers and no community run servers. The only reason SWBFII is STILL sticking around is because people like it enough to still play and because people can still run their own servers with no connection to Lucasarts or Pandemic. That is very unlikely to happen with this game.

Plus, did you hear that EA wants to bring out sequels like they do with Battlefield? Now I know it won't last very many years, why keep the servers up that long?
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Jedi Power » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:50 pm

I tried to play yesterday during the day and couldn't find a map with any people on it and there isn't any way to tell which maps/modes people are playing in.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:47 pm

Eagle, the problem with waiting for the price drop, is the fact that everyone will be that much better than you. You will be so frustrated that you won't be able to kill them with your weapons, while they kill you with ease. I'm experiencing that now, and it's because some of the players already have the powerful weapons ..while you don't. I hit them with a barrage of hits...I get hit twice and die. I'm not enjoying this game...yet.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III