ARE YOU READYYYYYYY???!!!!!!!

Re: ARE YOU READYYYYYYY???!!!!!!!

Postby Hobo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:49 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:Eagle, the problem with waiting for the price drop, is the fact that everyone will be that much better than you. You will be so frustrated that you won't be able to kill them with your weapons, while they kill you with ease. I'm experiencing that now, and it's because some of the players already have the powerful weapons ..while you don't. I hit them with a barrage of hits...I get hit twice and die. I'm not enjoying this game...yet.

...Thats .....probably the stupidest thing ever. Guns just get stronger and stronger the longer you play? WTH? This game seems like such a money tree...
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby WD-40 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:54 am

Hobo wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:Eagle, the problem with waiting for the price drop, is the fact that everyone will be that much better than you. You will be so frustrated that you won't be able to kill them with your weapons, while they kill you with ease. I'm experiencing that now, and it's because some of the players already have the powerful weapons ..while you don't. I hit them with a barrage of hits...I get hit twice and die. I'm not enjoying this game...yet.

...Thats .....probably the stupidest thing ever. Guns just get stronger and stronger the longer you play? WTH? This game seems like such a money tree...

I think his point is (and I started playing about the 3rd day it was out) is the advantage of the Sniper rifles, jetpacks and more advanced (and powerful blasters) that players already have which are virtually impossible to overcome until you rank up and crank out credits over many hours of play. If they are pairing the advanced weaponry players with brand new players that have the basic load out, it can become a turn-off and frustrating. And yes, it pisses me off when players cut me down with just 3 blaster bolts (especially from long distance), while I have to unload a whole clip sometimes to kill them, and I have most of the guns and specialty cards in my inventory. It could be a PC vs Xbox/Playstation advantage/issue, as I play PC Laptop. These maps don't refresh with evenly ranked (or equipped) players that I have seen.

Having played for about 30 hours (my Rank is now 20 and I'm just happy to break even on Kills vs Deaths), IMO that you do NOT rush into battle, and use cover as much as possible. Short bursts with the DLT-19 versus opening up keeps it cool, but lessens recoil misses. Aim for the head (Like BF2) as much as possible if you are close enough to aim there. Heroes are damn near impossible to kill, so don't engage them on your own. Even proximity mines wont take them out unless their health is low.

I don't believe that Dice/EA have conquered the 'aimbot' cheat by some players (it's on Youtube), and I've not seen any evidence of any Admins overseeing the maps to weed the cheaters out. Hence, no Clan Servers with oversight is frustrating, so that could certainly diminish the longevity of the game. Myself and 3 other players were unloading on one player and his health didn't go down at all, so I believe there could be a 'health' cheat too, unless it was weird lag, because he did not have personal shield activated.

Bottom line is, where BF2 was fun, it seemed more cartoonish and far simpler. This new game is far more graphically advanced and realistic and harder in every way. War is hell, and the gameplay certainly makes it feel brutal. I like it more now that I worked hard to get better weapons and the jet pack (which has gotten me away from Heroes and close scrapes a lot).

Jedi Power wrote:I tried to play yesterday during the day and couldn't find a map with any people on it and there isn't any way to tell which maps/modes people are playing in.

I play the Walker Assaults almost exclusively (but avoid Endor because I cannot see a damn thing with all the trees, bushes, etc). Sometimes when you join during the work day or off hours, and it searches for a percentage of players (it will decrease from 90% by 10% every few seconds if it cannot find that percentage) until it finds some players wanting to log on to that map. It will eventually show a player list, and if it isn't full, it will put the map in standby with a number ticker (how many players are still needed to launch the map) in the upper right corner. When it creeps down to zero, the map launches.

Anyway, here's a couple websites to look at that may help:

http://m.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-battlefront-next-gen/Tips_and_Tricks#Best_Loadouts

https://www.vg247.com/2015/10/08/star-wars-battlefront-beginners-tips/
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Jedi Power » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:31 am

The good thing about playing with a partner is that you can use their cards for greater weapons. :gunsmilie:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:22 am

WD-40 wrote:Having played for about 30 hours (my Rank is now 20 and I'm just happy to break even on Kills vs Deaths)

Damn bro, your rank 20 now? I just broke 10 the other night. Nice job!
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Xfire: supersamura1
Steam ID: samuraisaurus
Origin ID: SUP3RSAMURA1

Postby WD-40 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:28 am

SUPERS@MURAI wrote:
WD-40 wrote:Having played for about 30 hours (my Rank is now 20 and I'm just happy to break even on Kills vs Deaths)

Damn bro, your rank 20 now? I just broke 10 the other night. Nice job!

But how many hours of play Sam? If I broke 20 with say 10 or 15 hours of play, I'd be a lot happier. :gun_bandana:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Jedi Power » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:23 pm

I played several maps with WD, Burz, and Pan, but I never actually saw you in the game. :-|
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Jedi Power wrote:I played several maps with WD, Burz, and Pan, but I never actually saw you in the game. :-|

Been jumping around different maps trying to get a proper fell for everything. I'll hook up with you guys next time I see you online.
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Xfire: supersamura1
Steam ID: samuraisaurus
Origin ID: SUP3RSAMURA1

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:08 am

I think the game has been fantastic. Graphics and sound quality seem fine to me. First DLC in January.
Only think that bugs me is the lack of spawn immunity, I don't like dying 5 times in 10 seconds.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Jedi Power » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Jedi Power wrote:I played several maps with WD, Burz, and Pan, but I never actually saw you in the game. :-|

I actually saw Burz last night face to face and I was on the losing end of his blaster! I came over the hill on Tatooine and pow! LOL!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Postby BurzaP » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Howdy guys!!!

It's been so long. I'm going to buy this game for Christmas and join you, it's been way too long break from swbf.
However, when I played beta my game was crashing every 20 miuntes so I think I need to clean the PC first :whistling:

btw, I'm about to finish my bachelor degree in architecture (When I was starting swbf2 I was still in high school, maan).
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III