Your thoughts so far?

Re: Your thoughts so far?

Postby WD-40 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:33 am

Corpse wrote:I have a somewhat useful tip! If you sprint or shoot, you appear on the enemy radar. If you do neither, you don't appear on the radar. I've been doing much better by walking when I get near the action. Also if you get the scout trait later on (7000 credits tho) you can also sprint without appearing on radar.

Good tip! I'll keep that in mind. Sorta wish we could purchase a 'bandolier suicide vest or belt'....Wait for a squad of troopers to pass by then jump down in the middle and detonate it, especially if surrounded. Maybe take a few with you if you cant throw down a Thermal Imploder for the same effect.
Last edited by WD-40 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Brazosgrad » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:36 am

I'm with Panama. I'm at the bottom of the list, getting bloody well pummeled on every map. I swear there are people who can kill me with their eyes closed and their rifle tied behind their back.
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Brazosgrad wrote:I'm with Panama. I'm at the bottom of the list, getting bloody well pummeled on every map. I swear there are people who can kill me with their eyes closed and their rifle tied behind their back.

With just 2 or 3 hits on you too, I'm sure. Happens to me as well. I swear the enemy just spawns right next to me sometimes because they come outta nowhere.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Good tips on star cards I found while on facebook. There are no distinct classes like on Battlefront II so crafting the right star card combo will boost survivability:

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlef ... attlefront
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Xfire: supersamura1
Steam ID: samuraisaurus
Origin ID: SUP3RSAMURA1

Postby WD-40 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:52 am

I'm really starting to hate this game. Don't get me wrong, because I am amazed at the graphics and sound. But every time I get into a gunfight, I am locked on to the enemy and shooting a dozen rounds right into them and they still don't die, yet they kill me with 1 to 3 shots. And their health goes down only a little. It's like I have rubber bullets or something. It's not my aim, cause my sight is in their chest or head. Something is wrong. I've tried all the different weapons I've purchased. IDK... :-|
EDIT: Realized today (11/28) that my Graphics card driver was severely hurting for an update. No longer shooting rubber bullets. Now it appears I can be a worthy advasary. Thank God because I was getting depressed. It's now a lot more fun. :punk:
Last edited by WD-40 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Corpse » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:04 am

I'm pretty sure aim has little to do with it, with this being such a simple game. It might be your playstyle rather than aim? Getting the first couple of shots in before the other guy couldn't hurt.

Have you tried the SE-14C pistol or EE-3 rifle (the two guns that use burst fire)? or the CA-87 (the Jawa shotgun thing)? I was consistently in the bottom three on each map till I got the hang of those. Those, combined with jetpacking into everyone's face seemed to transform me from always being on bottom to being on top. If you know what I mean.

Even if that doesn't help, I find playing as aggressively as I can makes me enjoy the game so much more. Even if I get blown up for doing something stupid, it makes me want to laugh rather than curse.

Another thing that might help would be buying the scan pulse star card. It lets you see exactly where the enemies are around you. I can't think of a short-mid range situation where it wouldn't help you out.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Jedi Power » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:52 am

Two things I haven't figured out. One is how you guys can type a chat and the second is how to use the scope. I lived by that in BF2, but in this game there are red rectangles that mean nothing to me. How do you read it?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby WD-40 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:19 pm

I may give that a go Corpse, thanks. What the heck, right?

JP, in the Settings, you go into Controls and then Keyboard Bindings. I reassigned a bunch of them similar to my BF2 controls for keyboard stroke and Mouse buttons there.

You have to be in game and alive to chat and for mine, my keyboard is:
The number selection. '1' is 'All player chat', '2' is 'Team chat', and '3' is 'Partner chat (I think...never used that one). Type in what you want in the black box that appears, and hit enter. No Admin oversight on what you type so far Ive witnessed.

My mouses' side button is my 'Zoom', which I use to scope or scope and lock onto something/someone for weapons that have that capability including the Orbital Strike. While zooming, hit your primary firing button to shoot.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Was playing against panama last night. Both of us got owned lol. But I'm noticing my kills getting slightly better. Now instead of having more deaths than kills, I am now breaking even or surpassing my deaths. BTW, I did get party requests yesterday but I noticed them too late and couldn't join. Just whish we could get our own server going like the good ol days. Who knows, maybe Mickey Mouse will make it possible in the future (insert Mickey smiley here). Going to be on later this evening. Wife is off today and she got me 5 large boxes of IKEA furniture for to put together...
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Xfire: supersamura1
Steam ID: samuraisaurus
Origin ID: SUP3RSAMURA1

Postby Corpse » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:43 pm

How does the party system work? Anyone?

And am I the only one enjoying walker assault less than almost every other game mode?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III