Your thoughts so far?

Re: Your thoughts so far?

Postby WD-40 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:56 am

Yeah, that WAS fast! Glad I didnt wait though. About to break Level 40, and finally got #1 for my team on Jakku. Got beat out by some guy on other team by 2 kills, but I grabbed an ATST and shot down 2 speeders and mowed down a bunch of the enemy near the last checkpoint during the match. Watch out for snipers hanging back where the engines are on the crashed Tantive cruiser. One guy doing that got 65 kills and high score.

Edit: broke Rank 40. Bought the Speeder Trooper appearance for Imperials and the Sullistan character for Rebs. Quickly realized I made a mistake buying the Sullistan, as I was getting unique attention from the enemy as well as made myself easier to kill since I practically doubled the size of my head. Expensive mistake... :whistling:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (59.13 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:00 pm

After 2 days, just shy of rank 14. I can see that content-wise this is pretty light (as expected), but hey, I'm having a blast.

Hero Hunt is epic for leveling if you are any good. Get a high rate of fire weapon to confirm (cough cough steal) hero kills, then camp hard and kill guys left and right as they try to rush you. Palpatine is probably the best at this.

Haven't seen any of you in game yet.

I want to get my gamepad set up so I can play fighter squadron properly, I really hate mouse control of fighters.

WD-40 wrote: I practically doubled the size of my head

In more than one way I would say :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Kidding, kidding.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:52 am

Well, I'm still struggling on this game. I get slow/bad server connection regularly (I have 30-35mbps..so I don't understand). Have 8 gigs of RAM and it says my comp does not meet the requirements. Dedicated another 10G's from hard drive, yet I still get warning. Noticed that if I'm hiding behind cover, and I have enemy on my reticle...my shots miss to the left (WTF???) Is as if my reticle is off. I still get killed with 1-3 shots...yet I have to unload on them and they still don't die. Seriously guys....wtf? Can anyone give me some advice on how to overcome these things? I'm still last on every map and I know it's not because I stink...I'm a shooting game veteran. What am I missing?...and don't say "everything apparently", I will use my voodoo on you. :evil:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Corpse » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:12 am

Can you record footage of your gameplay? It'd help understand the problem.

What are your specs? Are you getting a decent and consistent fps?
I'd be inclined to point the finger at your internet connection to cause the problem. It seems unlikely, if you have a good connection. Mine is fairly mediocre, and I regularly play with you US players by joining your game- yet still no noticable lag for me. If it's not lag that's giving you issues I have no idea what it could be.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby WD-40 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:08 am

The video footage would help Pan. Also, did you change your video and/or sound settings from the default?

As far as shooting opponents with no damage, If you're not aiming (and hitting) your opponents 'in the head' you will do far less or no damage to them (believe me, I know...been there). Unless that red health bar shows up above their head, you're not even gonna hit them, even with a reticle sighted on them. Even close in with a high damage weapon, it will take many more hits to bring them down shooting in the torso. The designers need to adjust this, because it gets ridiculous.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:32 am

Pan, if you are aiming in third person, it's a bit funny about shooting around corners sometimes. You often hit the wall instead, you can check by going back to first person.

Log:
Day 3, up to rank 17, got the EE-3.

Favorite. Gun. Hands. Down.

Decent at long range, very good at close range, love it. Laser accurate, has a very fast rate of fire (not automatic though, you have to click).

SE-14c isnt' bad either, but my aim is, so I tend to lose to DL-44 users at close range.

I've learned to hate homing missile users, but I did learn that you can tell which direction it is coming from and at least have a chance to dodge. I generally only use the homing missile on hero type modes, and even then it's not too useful except against Leia when she is in her shield.

The DL-44 does still seem OP when others use it, don't have it yet myself but I tried it in training and it's beast up close, not so much at range.

I really hate fighting bowcaster users, they always sneak up on you and one-hit you. Can't wait to get one and combine it with the bounty hunter trait (they need to patch this, but once you get to level 3, it cools down all heat on all weapons/cards, meaning you can: jetpack-charge bowcaster- shoot - kill - jetpack - charge - kill, etc etc etc; have yet to see someone do it in a game I played, but it would be epic).

One thing I'm disappointed by is the fact that my gamepad doesn't work for fighter squadron, so I haven't played it yet. I hate flying with the mouse so much. The buttons seem to sortof work, but the sticks do nothing. Gonna try stuff like X360ce to see if I can get it working.

The match making is still really bad, hard to get games unless you try lots of different modes.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:35 am

I'm was thinking that based on 80% of their maps not populating, that this game is failing.
Now, I'm convinced...like a desperate public store sale, they are offering 'double points' this weekend...[m'kay] tards! They need to 'Let go' and allow clan servers...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (81.31 KiB) Viewed 3606 times
Last edited by WD-40 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Corpse » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:39 am

I don't understand why they don't allow that in the first place. Adding support for community-run servers and a server browser can do nothing but add to a game's longevity. With the exception of the initial effort, surely it saves them more time and money in the long run? Upkeep on all those game servers can't be cheap.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Jedi Power » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:54 pm

WD-40 wrote:broke Rank 40. Bought the Speeder Trooper appearance for Imperials and the Sullistan character for Rebs. Quickly realized I made a mistake buying the Sullistan, as I was getting unique attention from the enemy as well as made myself easier to kill since I practically doubled the size of my head. Expensive mistake...

WD, I was planning on getting the Sullistan when I get to 40. Can you tell me more as to why you think it is a waste?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:42 pm

They are running a 2x event for the weekend. The leveling and credits are epic, I'm up to level 26 already.

Finally got the DL-44. At close range, even with my recently poor aim, it's good. Too good, it's op. It's just way to easy, you just need 2 body shots or 1 head shot. I still prefer the EE-3 for it's greater flexibility.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III