Your thoughts so far?

Re: Your thoughts so far?

Postby FaiL.? » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:42 am

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:I'll have to purchase.

Long time no see Pepsi! How's it going?
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Brazosgrad » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:53 am

I had to clear some programs off my computer for the Jakku expansion to even download for installation. So much for getting into it early. And yeah...I still suck at this thing. I must be getting old...
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:03 am

Dang, no joy on the bidding, price went up above what you pay on the code selling sites.

Rumor says the game isn't selling well, but that EA is confident that the movie coming out in 2 weeks will push more sales. I really think they are in for an unpleasant surprise. Hopefully then the price will come down.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Jedi Power » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:21 pm

My biggest complaint about the game is that you need like 30 people in a map before the game will let you play. I went last night to lots of previously popular maps and no one was there at all. They should let you play without such a high requirement.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby Buck_Furious » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:59 pm

I wish it would populate some of the matches with bots and then cycle them out as people joined.
Buck_Furious
Community Member

Xfire: buckfurious
Steam ID: buck_furious

Postby WD-40 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:22 pm

Buck_Furious wrote:I wish it would populate some of the matches with bots and then cycle them out as people joined.

+1. I was in a mood to play, and it seemed the only populated server was one of the Walker Assualts but it was full. No other game modes would populate. We seriously need to set up some 4-8 player scrimages during low periods.
Im in Ireland till tomorrow evening. :mrgreen:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Buck_Furious » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:18 am

Right on. Have fresh Guinness for me.
Buck_Furious
Community Member

Xfire: buckfurious
Steam ID: buck_furious

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Dunno hit boxes aren't an issue for me, often my KD ratio is around 2.0
My biggest problems with the game are spawns, which can be horrible, I mean I spawn and 10 seconds later 4 players of the other team spawn on me.
The second issue is that damn DL-44 BS, it's han's gun which is a pre-order thing or a LVL25 thing, it's the single most powerfull weapon in the game, it will 1 shot at close range, 2 shot mid-far range, and it doesn't overheat that badly considering the damage output.

I can't see them nerfing that gun, as it gives them money, at least not right now, but it's a pain, especially on tight maps.
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby WD-40 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:41 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:Dunno hit boxes aren't an issue for me, often my KD ratio is around 2.0
My biggest problems with the game are spawns, which can be horrible, I mean I spawn and 10 seconds later 4 players of the other team spawn on me.
The second issue is that damn DL-44 BS, it's han's gun which is a pre-order thing or a LVL25 thing, it's the single most powerfull weapon in the game, it will 1 shot at close range, 2 shot mid-far range, and it doesn't overheat that badly considering the damage output.

I can't see them nerfing that gun, as it gives them money, at least not right now, but it's a pain, especially on tight maps.

I made Level 31 a few days ago and bought that gun. Only tried it a couple times on Endor (I usually avoid Endor because I cant see a damn thing...waaay too much vegetation overkill). My problem is I like playing 3rd person, but the stupid reticule is off to the side, so in close skirmish, my reaction to shoot them in the forehead sends my reticule to their shoulder or shooting past them. Its hard to overcome that issue for me.

And yeah, spawning and then getting shot in the back by an enemy that spawned right after you is another sucky thing once the map is in full swing and the battle lines are close together.

Another thing Ive noticed, is I'm on Hoth trying to either outflank, or just attack the Rebels a little past the cave entrance uplink outside around the corner, and the dang warning comes up saying I cant go there yet, and I'm staring at 10 Rebels charging right at me from 20 feet away. The warning distraction causes me to lose a good shot and I end up getting wasted if I cant jet pack backward in retreat to get rid of the stupid warning. :wacko:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Corpse » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:48 pm

The DL-44 is never a 1-hit for a body shot (not sure about headshots), at any range. It does 50 damage at short-med range, and the damage falls off with increasing distance.

The obvious solution is to get to rank 25 and use it yourself. On larger maps, I still prefer the EE-3. Its damage is pretty high, and if you click fire rapidly, it can fire off a lot of bursts very fast. If you get the timing on cooling flushes right, it's awesome.

On another note, the personal shield has given me some hilarious plays. You can still melee with it up, so I turned it on and ran up to a group of rebels. Managed to beat three of them down before I got blew up.

The bowcaster is also pretty broken. I use it almost invariably, and it's basically 1-2 automatic kills if you jetpack in from above. The splash damage needs nerfing. In its current state, I live in fear for when other players reach rank 32.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III