Your thoughts so far?

Re: Your thoughts so far?

Postby WD-40 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:59 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:After a week of playing this game...I still suck ass. I can't figure it out. I see players with the same guns as me, yet I still get killed in 2- 3 shots. While I can't seem to kill them. This game is bumming me out. I'm starting to hate the game more each time I play it. $60 dollars down the drain. :cursing:

The three big things that's helping me:

1) Make sure the Graphics Driver software is fully up to date and let it determine the settings for this game if possible. Otherwise, your hits may not do damage like the problem I was having before I updated. I also 'open the Game' using my NVIDIA GeForce, not Origin.
2) Aim 'for the head' as much as possible. Likely those 2-3 shots are hitting you there.
3) Distance shots work a lot like bullets. The blaster bolts will arc over distance. May have to aim a tad higher long distance for the shot to land where you want it.

I still have a ways to go, but I'm not at the very bottom anymore.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby WD-40 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:06 am

Jedi Power wrote:The same thing happens to me Panama. I think it is the lag difference from my PC and theirs. I can hit people directly in the head on my screen but they don't take any damage. I have had to revert to the RT-97C street cleaner to register any hits on the other team. All those credits for the fancy guns wasted. I can't even use the sniper rifles because it registers a miss.

Yeah. Today I had 3 guided missile kills in a row, and none registered. Hopefully, Corpse is correct and they will fix that issue.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:15 am

Thanks for the feedback guys.
JP, I don't know what that is (RT-97C street cleaner)..or what it does.
Corpse, I hope the DLC fixes my issues.
40, I did update all my drivers..including graphics. I should add though, I have a generic graphics card...as a matter of fact, it might not even be a card. Might pick a new, decent vid card soon. Hopefully that will help. Now...you mentioned starting the game through your card. I never knew you could do that. Can you fill me in on that? I don't know how.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby WD-40 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:00 am

On my GeForce icon in lower right of screen, I can either 'check for updates', 'open NVIDIA Control Panel' or 'open NVIDIA GeForce Experience'. I open the 'GeForce Experience'. Once opened, under the Games tab, it recognizes I have Battlefront loaded and gives you the choice to use optimal settings or revert. It also allows me to launch the game from there just by clicking 'Launch game'.

You can also update your drivers etc from this.

Definitely get a 'real' Graphics card' Pan. This game requires it.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:11 am

Working on bidding for a cheap copy, wish me luck.

I know I'm going to buy this game now, just a matter of price. If I can get it under $40, I'm sold.

Oh, and I'm totally going to use my SWGO avatar as my Origin avatar. :lol:
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:09 am

I'm loving the game. Not hitting the top ranks but I wasn't top dog in BF2 either. I'm finally gotten up to level 26 and have my Barrage Launcher and Ion Missile both upgraded. If you're having trouble leveling up and getting credits, play in the "Blast" section of multiplayer. I was going to supremacy first off but the Blast rounds are shorter and you get 2000xp guaranteed just for participating plus 750 for a win (Compared to 1500/500 in Sup)

BTW scroll all the way down on the card deck and you see trait cards. 4 of them so far, I like the bounty hunter because it gives you bonus power up items when you rack up kills.

As far as the game itself, I wish there was a little more to the single player missions. Probably more to come with Jakku but we'll see.
Graphics are AWESOME, Like WD i had to stop using my regular PC which is 4 years old and switched to my laptop which has a much much better graphics card.
Love the Star fighter assault but they really need to fix the Awing bug

All in all.... We have a new freaking Battlefront game, I'm not gonna complain :punk:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Jedi Power » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Col. Hstar, how did you upgrade your Barrage Launcher and Ion Missile? I have unlocked weapons like the Barrage Launcher, but you can upgrade them?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby WD-40 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Jedi Power wrote:Col. Hstar, how did you upgrade your Barrage Launcher and Ion Missile? I have unlocked weapons like the Barrage Launcher, but you can upgrade them?

I think the only upgrades you can get on those are 'cool down' times reduced.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:07 am

I'll have to purchase.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Well...after the DLC yesterday, I'm doing much better. I went from 1-2 kills and infinite deaths, to 9 and 11, 4 -6 and so on. I am no longer in the bottom of the scoreboard. Maybe now I can improve my game without feeling like there was no hope for me. YAY!!!! :mrgreen:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III