Your thoughts so far?

Your thoughts so far?

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:53 pm

Been about a week since Star Wars Battlefront was released. Was it worth the almost 10 year wait? At first glance I wasn't sure what to think. It was so different than what I was used to. But once I got away from comparing it to Battlefront 2 and started to think of it for it's uniqueness and beauty, the more I really started to like it. In fact I find myself playing it more and more. The better I get the less D-Day invasion killed before getting off the landing craft/Saving Private Ryan moments I get :mrgreen:

What are your thoughts so far? Any tips?
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Xfire: supersamura1
Steam ID: samuraisaurus
Origin ID: SUP3RSAMURA1

Re: Your thoughts so far?

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:46 am

I'm hating it right now :grrr: . I find myself on the bottom of the scoreboard on every damn map. BF2 never made me yell at the screen like I have been since I started playing this game :bloodyfist: . On the other hand, I find it challenging...and I do love a challenge. Part of my problem is setting up the keys to my liking..struggling there too. I will come back here in a week, and perhaps my attitude towards the game will be better.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Sketchup » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:03 am

There's a reason that they are paying people to say that they like the game. Because it's trash.
Sketchup
Community Member

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:17 am

Sketchup wrote:There's a reason that they are paying people to say that they like the game. Because it's trash.

Give it some time amigo, it might grow on you. I still find myself at the bottom of the scoreboard more than near the top. I was playing a game on steam called Warframe which is also very challenging. I think it made Battlefront a bit more likable for me in the beginning. I would say give it some more time. I will admit, I wasn't paid to say I like the game :lol: I actually do like it! (But I'm not going to complain if Mickey Mouse throws some money my way :mrgreen: )
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Postby Hobo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:32 am

SUPERS@MURAI wrote:
Sketchup wrote:There's a reason that they are paying people to say that they like the game. Because it's trash.

Give it some time amigo, it might grow on you. I still find myself at the bottom of the scoreboard more than near the top. I was playing a game on steam called Warframe which is also very challenging. I think it made Battlefront a bit more likable for me in the beginning. I would say give it some more time. I will admit, I wasn't paid to say I like the game :lol: I actually do like it!

Warframe is awesome, I'm usually playing that nowadays
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:38 am

Look me up, I'm Mastery Rank 20 on Warframe. My IGN is samuraisaurus. I can hook you up with lots of prime items :ninja:
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Postby Corpse » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:53 am

My thoughts generally alternate between "I'm getting the hang of this" and "what the hell am I doing wrong?". Hardly any of the guns are suited to long-distance combat (especially for starting ranks), but in walker assault, I'm contantly being sniped from a distance before I get near the action.

In terms of game quality, it's wacky fun but not a deep experience. I never expected it to be life-changing, and I'm happy with the generally fun, gorgeous game that it is.
I am shocked however, that I'm consistently better at CS:GO (supposedly having a steep learning curve)than Battlefront (a pick-up and play type game) despite being a new player in both.

As far as tips go, I'm not really in a position to advise (K/D around 0.8-1.2 in games).
Use the map. With spawn points for both teams changing often in a match, you need to be aware that enemies could appear behind you, trapping you between two groups.
Use third person to your advantage to look around corners etc and don't always make a mad rush out in the open or through a door unless you have backup. I personally prefer first person for shooting people though. My third person aim sucks.
Directly rushing enemies never works well for me. If they're in a defensive position then they're able to pre-shoot or pre-aim wherever you're coming from. But when you're charging in, you don't know where exactly the enemies are.

And don't be the [derriere orifice] that says "my team is trash" on chat. Nobody playing a casual game wants to read that sort of thing when they're trying to have fun.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Corpse » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:41 pm

I take it back. Charging in angrily also works. I know nothing.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:15 am

I find camping seems to bring my deaths down considerably..huh, who knew.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Corpse » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:36 am

I have a somewhat useful tip! If you sprint or shoot, you appear on the enemy radar. If you do neither, you don't appear on the radar. I've been doing much better by walking when I get near the action. Also if you get the scout trait later on (7000 credits tho) you can also sprint without appearing on radar.
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III