Battle of Jakku

Re: Battle of Jakku

Postby Buck_Furious » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:18 am

It's that what that is? I joined the match right when that was happening. Just saw crap coming out of the sky. Guess that would make sense.
Buck_Furious
Community Member

Xfire: buckfurious
Steam ID: buck_furious

Postby WD-40 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Jakku seems to be the best map for detail. At the very beginning of it on Rebs side, all that ship debris started impacting all around, and I looked up behind me and just watched the Super Star Destroyer exploding as it slowly fell out of the sky and impacted the sand in the distance on its' side/back (huge impact sand cloud), followed by other Star Destroyers and Reb ships (or parts of them) falling to the surface. Fricking awesome! Lost about 5 minutes of play, but it is totally worth it.
Here's a video capture someone did:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Corpse » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Here's my take on it: map is too open for damned vehicle pickups. I often see an A-wing pilot at the top of the scoreboard because they can spawn kill all round, and have ridiculous hitboxes that make taking them out near impossible. Making matters worse is the bug in which imperial fighters can crash and die upon spawning in a Tie fighter.

That aside, I can see this mode being insane fun if DICE added voice chat or a group on TS were playing. If people could coordinate and give callouts, defending vs offending would be a lot of fun both ways. As it is, the victor tends to be whoever has the best flanking players with a sniper rifle.
It's not a bad mode, or a bad map. It could be made better by a few things, like balancing out fighters (maybe put a timer on them), and if it had (a little) more cover.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Darth Crater » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:01 pm

I must say that the map looks quite nice in WD's video. We've come quite a long way in terms of map detail since 2005.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III