Battlefront III Game Issues/Fixes

Battlefront III Game Issues/Fixes

Postby WD-40 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Hey guys...Figured we should start this in light of issues people have been complaining about, like sound, black screen etc. Today I've had multiple game freeze where I could not move or do anything except get shot and killed while frozen in place. Restarted, happened again. Shut computer down, played a few maps, happened again. Unfortunately, there is no known fix for this bug yet, except to restart the computer. Anyway this is where I found one such fix it site:
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/12/02/star-wars-battlefront-problems-fixes/

If you find any useful sites to help fix issues or encounter them, perhaps mention it on this thread.

Thanks!

WD :gunsmilie:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Re: Battlefront III Game Issues/Fixes

Postby Jedi Power » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:01 pm

My biggest problem so far has been when I try to play as Han Solo. I get this annoying flash of rectangular white pixel bars across the screen. Imagine a partial flash grenade the entire time you play Solo. It is impossible in darker areas like inside Hoth Base. Things go back to normal as soon as I return to any other character. It has happened every time, and only on this hero.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:00 pm

I sometimes get stuck and can't move. Only being killed resets my character. More joy for my 60 dollars. Oh..I also had an incident where I could not fire my weapon...and no, it was not overheated.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Corpse » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:21 pm

There's a gamebreaking bug on Sullust (or whatever the lava place is). If you destroy a ATAT after the first set of uplinks, the other ATAT can get stuck on it. I was just in a game where that happened. Then the ATAT disappeared completely and the match never ended. Everyone had like 80 kills lol. No fix. Just leave.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby WD-40 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:34 am

11_Panama_ wrote:I sometimes get stuck and can't move. Only being killed resets my character. More joy for my 60 dollars. Oh..I also had an incident where I could not fire my weapon...and no, it was not overheated.

That's been happening A LOT today for me! Happened several times over past week. I can't move right after spawn, can't shoot, can't chat...nothing! I can only get shot and die. Then respawn and same thing. I may get a map completed, and then it starts happening. Have to ctrl/alt/deleat to exit game. :angry:

I decided to take a peek at what my computer was processing when I CTRL-ALT-Deleted (vs exiting completely out) and I noticed that my Cache was hammered (5GB Cache was flat lined at 5GB). I got sick of the cop-out, lazy, BS answer to this, which is "Restart Game".

I researched it, and found you can increase Cache (Typically set by the amount of RAM you have), and just increase it (a lot) so that the Hard drive itself can also act as additional cache and handle the surplus cache needed. I therefore doubled my Cache, and have played the Jakku Map many times without a problem. Will try the others again too.

It appears these maps take an enormous amount of data space in GBs, so....

I have Windows 7, so all I did was Click Start button, clicked Computer, then clicked Properties.

In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. On the Advanced Tab, under Performance, click Settings

Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click 'Change'.

Clear the 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives' check box.

Under 'Drive' (Volume Label), click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.

Click 'Custom size', type a new (much larger) size (I went from 8151 to over 12,000 and put that value in the Initial and well as Maximum size). Click Set and OK.

May have to restart computer.

For other crashing issues to use, someone online suggested trying this launch options to the game:

-Right click on the game in Origin (the CD looking case cover picture)

-Choose Game Properties

-Type"'-novid -noborder -windowed" in the box (without the quotation marks)

-Check 'Disable Origin in Game for this Game'.

Hope this helps.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III