Private matches coming!

Re: Private matches coming!

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:45 am

Corpse wrote:The DH17 is a good blaster. It shoots quickly and does 25 damage per shot. However, beyond 25 metres its damage starts to drop off. At long ranges it only does 5 damage per shot! Definitely don't use this as an all-rounder.

I'm pretty content with the E-11 in almost all situations.

I definitely enjoy this game more, now that primary weapons tend to be used as just that- the primary weapon. Rather than using bowcasters and homing shots all the time.

Now that the cycler rifle's been buffed, I've been having some fun one-shotting people when they pop a shield and try and run past me.

Overall, I feel that this patch has improved most elements of gameplay. However, the bowcaster has been nerfed to the point that it's useless. It was irritating when about 60% of my deaths were from it, but rendering it obselete is not the way to go. The homing shot's increased lock-on time is also welcome. I got some fair use out of it, but when I start shooting someone and they can send off a rocket for a kill without needing to aim, it just doesn't seem right. I'm glad that's fixed. On the other hand, I don't agree with reducing the homing shot's missile velocity. That's not necessary.

And barrage. Why the [m'kay] did they make the cooldown 40 seconds?


The DH-17 is amazing if you are playing WA and trying to defend an uplink. People don't have time to properly 1v1 you, so you just melt them. The SC takes real skill and if you miss, you die, whereas the DH is more consistent. It's basically like a pistol version of a heavy blaster.
User avatar
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:37 am
Location: In the land of irony

Re: Private matches coming!

Postby FaiL.? » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:03 pm

I have found that the best way to farm XP in this game is by playing the Heroes vs. Villains game mode. Any other suggestions?
FaiL.?
Community Member
 
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 am
Origin ID: Egrigious

Re: Private matches coming!

Postby WD-40 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:02 pm

FaiL.? wrote:I have found that the best way to farm XP in this game is by playing the Heroes vs. Villains game mode. Any other suggestions?

What do you mean by 'farm XP'? Extra Points?
User avatar
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin
 
Posts: 4531
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:12 pm
Location: Likely on some crappy Hotel internet connection
Xfire: faststart0777

Re: Private matches coming!

Postby FaiL.? » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:34 pm

WD-40 wrote:
FaiL.? wrote:I have found that the best way to farm XP in this game is by playing the Heroes vs. Villains game mode. Any other suggestions?

What do you mean by 'farm XP'? Extra Points?

Yeah, to level up faster.
FaiL.?
Community Member
 
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 am
Origin ID: Egrigious

Re: Private matches coming!

Postby Corpse » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:19 pm

Fighter Squadron is fastest, though my least favourite mode.
Get the hero pickup (others rarely look for them). Best to be the Falcon because you can activate your shield and take out Slave I by ramming into it. Instant ~4000 points.

I'm already rank 50 tho, and credits now mean nothing to me. I always seem to have a lot, despite keeping every charge card at 99 charges purchased.

HvV is one of my favourite modes. The fact that you need to play differently every time, depending on which hero/villain you play as makes it much more interesting. I can never seem to hit anyone as Boba though.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
User avatar
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am
Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Re: Private matches coming!

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:47 am

Corpse wrote:Fighter Squadron is fastest, though my least favourite mode.
Get the hero pickup (others rarely look for them). Best to be the Falcon because you can activate your shield and take out Slave I by ramming into it. Instant ~4000 points.

I'm already rank 50 tho, and credits now mean nothing to me. I always seem to have a lot, despite keeping every charge card at 99 charges purchased.

HvV is one of my favourite modes. The fact that you need to play differently every time, depending on which hero/villain you play as makes it much more interesting. I can never seem to hit anyone as Boba though.

lol

level me up pls

I'm finding that it's becoming increasingly hard to find any populated servers. Bit annoying.
FaiL.?
Community Member
 
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 am
Origin ID: Egrigious

Re: Private matches coming!

Postby Corpse » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:11 pm

You can now select a server region in the EA Account section in the options menu. That might help find matches at different times of day. When are you normally on?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
User avatar
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am
Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron