This weekend is 4X XP (and credits)

Re: This weekend is 4X XP (and credits)

Postby Corpse » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:31 am

To add to this, some cheaters try to make their play look less suspicious by increasing the number of shots per bullet. I.e. they fire once, and that shot registers as multiple bullets.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Gunner1010 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:42 pm

Corpse wrote:Total [poo] that almost half PC players are cheating. Where did you read that crap?

Like I said I read it online, specifically the star wars battlefront forums, there are so many topics on the rampant cheating that EA shuts them down. The article I read sited that if you install the injection hack (link below with video) you can actually see how many users have it installed for PC, he sited 2000+, since there are only about 5000+ PC players as per the stats I've read ipso facto almost half. The you tube vid is of a player S0C10P47H, if you have been playing for a while you have come across this guy. Very blatant about cheating, ruins every game and EA does noting to ban him.

Take it how you want to take that info but it's hardly total [poo].

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/star ... -hack.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMdEN32Vns
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:55 am

Gunner1010 wrote:
Corpse wrote:Total [poo] that almost half PC players are cheating. Where did you read that crap?

Like I said I read it online, specifically the star wars battlefront forums, there are so many topics on the rampant cheating that EA shuts them down. The article I read sited that if you install the injection hack (link below with video) you can actually see how many users have it installed for PC, he sited 2000+, since there are only about 5000+ PC players as per the stats I've read ipso facto almost half. The you tube vid is of a player S0C10P47H, if you have been playing for a while you have come across this guy. Very blatant about cheating, ruins every game and EA does noting to ban him.

Keep in mind that many of those accounts are probably banned by now, FairFight was very active early on and there were tens of thousands on the PC. Also many people run lots of cheap accounts.

Yes, I ran into good ole Sociopath several times, but I have not seen him in weeks, very likely banned.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:56 am

Corpse wrote:To add to this, some cheaters try to make their play look less suspicious by increasing the number of shots per bullet. I.e. they fire once, and that shot registers as multiple bullets.

You can still tell if you pay attention enough.

And that again, is laziness on DICE's part, for goodness sake make the server authoritative at least partially and don't allow invalid shots.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Gunner1010 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:09 pm

(SWGO)DesertEagle wrote:
Gunner1010 wrote:

Keep in mind that many of those accounts are probably banned by now, FairFight was very active early on and there were tens of thousands on the PC. Also many people run lots of cheap accounts.

Yes, I ran into good ole Sociopath several times, but I have not seen him in weeks, very likely banned.

No it was a recent article, rarely see fairfight pop up anymore and sociopath is still around just changed his name. Had another guy last night with an aim bot daring players to report him, ridiculous. Also something new it would come up as killed by lava or orbital strike. Everyone eventually left the game.
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:56 am

Gunner1010 wrote:
(SWGO)DesertEagle wrote:
Gunner1010 wrote:

No it was a recent article, rarely see fairfight pop up anymore and sociopath is still around just changed his name. Had another guy last night with an aim bot daring players to report him, ridiculous. Also something new it would come up as killed by lava or orbital strike. Everyone eventually left the game.

That's because the PC pop is very low, there are very few hackers (it is proportional).

As I said earlier, there was a guy (maybe socio, he went by Exarion90) who was so brazen that he streamed on YouTube. A whole bunch of us reported him and he was banned the next day in-game, we even got to see it on his stream. I've been monitoring his YouTube account and he hasn't streamed since that day.

I think there was an issue with FairFight and they recently fixed it, because I have yet to run into anybody like him in the past several days, whereas before I was seeing him or somebody similar nearly every single day. Meanwhile, due to the recent sales, the PC pop has rebounded considerably. This means that while the population has gone up, the number of hackers does not seem to have increased proportionately.

Btw, the old glitch used to be "killed by vader" or "force choke", then it was orbital strike, then lava, and now back to orbitals.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Gunner1010 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:19 pm

There are an enormous amount of hackers, the new injection hacks can get around fair fight. It's a big problem and discussed a lot on EA's forums. The links I added, if you read them state they can get around fair fight detection.
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:25 pm

I've played since release on PC and have never hit a hacker, I guess I've been lucky. I still love the game, it's one of my favorites. Sure, I can get mad from some stupid things that happen, but that's every video game. Bought the season pass during Black Friday, loving the DLC maps.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:26 am

Gunner1010 wrote:There are an enormous amount of hackers, the new injection hacks can get around fair fight. It's a big problem and discussed a lot on EA's forums. The links I added, if you read them state they can get around fair fight detection.

That does not bypass detection, it just shuts it off when FairFight requests client info (i.e. "Warns you"). You can't fake statistics like accuracy and kills, you can fuzz hardware and maybe some client detail, but good luck with the rest.

It didn't save Exarion90, he got nailed before he got warned. All they have to do is have it request client info at random intervals to keep aimbotters on their toes.

Again, it's been a week since I've seen a confirmed hacker, I've run into a couple of guys who are a tiny bit dubious but who I'm not sure about.

The big problem is that the client end protection seems to be basic at best, no PunkBuster or the like.

One bright spot seems to be that many of the public hacks are no longer being updated, so hacking is less accessible.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront III