Star wars the old republic

Re: Star wars the old republic

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm gonna wait until all of you 'critics' give a detailed, thourough, analysis of this game, before I piss away 1 cent toward it. $15.99/month??!? I anxiously await the reviews...and, yes, the video looks nice, but it's not the game itself. Let us know the 'detailed' reviews!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Brazosgrad » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:51 am

I was onboard at first, but the more I see of it, the less I want it. I'll wait for BF3 for three more years if I have to. :/
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:59 am

Get a PS and battlefield3.
You have until november.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby ӺȁȿŧƔ » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:13 am

From what I hear, we wont be getting TOR until December or January.
ӺȁȿŧƔ
Community Member

Xfire: Fasty002

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:59 am

Its more likely $14.99 ... and its an MMO... its the name of the game.. they have to pay for servers.. they just choose to do it this way instead of selling servers.... which is virtually impossible since it is ... AN MMO!
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Kius » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 am

Got my CE already ordered. Another copy to give away on my forums, maybe.

This game WILL BE EPIC, I have no doubt about it. Not too thrilled about the monthly subscription, but meh... I'll see how it goes. Can't be any worse than WoW, or SWG, or STO... and all those abominations were based on monthly subscriptions as well.
Kius
Community Member

Xfire: kiadimundigf

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Monthly subscription games really just mean they can support it for a longer period of time. Look at SWBF2, 1 patch was all we got for our 40 bucks. The immersion that is available with MMORPG's far outstrips the monthly cost.

Look at it a different way, you could play these "Freemium" games like Evony where the only way you can truly level up fast is by paying into their micro-transactions. Or you could play a game like WoW, DAoC, SW:ToR and level at your own pace, fast or slow, where you control your entire play experience because you are the one paying for it.

If you have not played any MMO in the past and are extremely hyped up about SW:ToR, I highly suggest at least doing a free trial of another MMO so you can get the general aspect of the game type.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [m'kay] » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:33 pm

-)G(-Mawk wrote:Monthly subscription games really just mean they can support it for a longer period of time. Look at SWBF2, 1 patch was all we got for our 40 bucks. The immersion that is available with MMORPG's far outstrips the monthly cost.

Look at it a different way, you could play these "Freemium" games like Evony where the only way you can truly level up fast is by paying into their micro-transactions. Or you could play a game like WoW, DAoC, SW:ToR and level at your own pace, fast or slow, where you control your entire play experience because you are the one paying for it.

If you have not played any MMO in the past and are extremely hyped up about SW:ToR, I highly suggest at least doing a free trial of another MMO so you can get the general aspect of the game type.

Oh god, please don't even mention Evony. It's basically spyware wrapped up in a nice little "game", and i'm almost positive a couple of kids on these forums will search the game, see the "interesting" ad campaign, and immediately download it.

Actually, Evony is an amazing game! Everyone under the age of 14 should play it! Hell, download multiple copies, and even buy things ingame!
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Corpse » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Nargotah wrote:

Actually, Evony is an amazing game! Everyone under the age of 14 should play it! Hell, download multiple copies, and even buy things ingame!

COME PLAY MY LORD!
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 am

Nargotah wrote:Oh god, please don't even mention Evony. It's basically spyware wrapped up in a nice little "game", and i'm almost positive a couple of kids on these forums will search the game, see the "interesting" ad campaign, and immediately download it.

Obviously I was trying to make a point about monthly subscriptions.

I knew a guy who was like "What? I'll never pay monthly for a game!" He was so adamant, but he spends about $1200 a month in Evony. hmm $15 vs $1200.....

I feel monthly subscriptions for MMO's are totally the way to do it.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to SWTOR (The Old Republic)