SW: TOR Beta Test

SW: TOR Beta Test

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:20 pm

So I got my beta test email today.

I'll let you guys know what I think after a week or so. Keep in mind I'm very critical of MMO's having played 15-ish of them.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Re: SW: TOR Beta Test

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Then what do you think of LOTRO? :twisted:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:09 pm

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:Then what do you think of LOTRO? :twisted:

Hated it.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:18 pm

-)G(-Mawk wrote:Hated it.

Yea many hate the KOTOR gameplay, but most MMO games are like this.
LOTRO is very similar to WoW but Lotr.
I believe TOR will be like Lotro, but since there is space travel there would be few limits.
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 am

Actually, I haven't played a single MMO that is similar to KOTOR. The combat pauses, the select your moves 3 in advance. MMO's are definitely turn based, but it's timer turn based and it's still pretty quick compared to KOTOR.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Ok guys, I've got a pretty good grasp of the game at this point. I can't reveal too much info as there is an NDA in place and I want to continue testing.

I will absolve you all of thinking this is WoW in space. As of right now it is more similar to Warhammer Online than any other MMO I've played. It is of course most similar to the KOTOR games. The only real differences between this game and the KOTOR games are the online element, more spacious scenery, and combat.

If you do not like questing in an MMO, then this is NOT the game for you. There is a LOT of running, and a lot of back and forth, just like the actual KOTOR games. The game is entirely story driven.

Questions?
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:28 pm

1- The caracters do they affect the story? i mean can you play the game again but on another view?

2- How is the combat sistem? like KOTOR, an MMO or like BF2?

3- Do you have personal vehicles that can be personalised like space combat?

4- How is the weapon arsenal? many choices of weapons, meaning types? or just updates and improovements from blasters that just do some more damage?

5- How big is the game? i'm asking cos i know LOTRO is ENOURMOUS and it's almost like the dimensions(or so it seems) of the LOTRO map

6- Are there diffrent kinds of gameplay? like depending on the char you pick ur style can change?
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Yanoda » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:56 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:1- The caracters do they affect the story? i mean can you play the game again but on another view?
4- How is the weapon arsenal? many choices of weapons, meaning types? or just updates and improovements from blasters that just do some more damage?
5- How big is the game? i'm asking cos i know LOTRO is ENOURMOUS and it's almost like the dimensions(or so it seems) of the LOTRO map
6- Are there diffrent kinds of gameplay? like depending on the char you pick ur style can change?

1 - Each class will have different quests and depending on your choices, then branch out to other quests. Option 1 gives quest A, Option 2 gives quest C, Option 3 gives quest B etc.
2 - Mawk already answered that saying it's similar to KOTOR.
3 - I think you can, if not, it's likely be a feature in the near future.
5 - I think the MMO world will not be as large in the beginning, just like every new MMO before it. It will grow over time as they expand on it and a larger player base is gained.
6 - From what I read/watched is that depending on what class you choose, you'll have a different story and play style from the rest.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:21 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:1- The caracters do they affect the story? i mean can you play the game again but on another view?

1. Yes, sort of.
2. An MMO, as predicted. All mmo's are timer-turn based.
3. Not that I have encountered.
4. This one I can go into since this is on the website. You have a base weapon, but when you get to your specialized class you have the choice to change it. For example, single saber into a double saber or two sabers.
5. Plenty of planets to choose from, I don't really have an answer though because I haven't seen it.
6. Gameplay is story based if you want to level up. There is pvp, there is space.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Zorgus66 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:21 am

Will there be an SWGO guild for ToR? Cant think of a better bunch of folks to guild with.
Zorgus66
Community Member

Next

Return to SWTOR (The Old Republic)