Supporting SWTOR

Supporting SWTOR

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:48 am

Well, I know that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be released soon, and I wondered if there was any way for us to support the game. I know we probably couldn't set up servers, as it is an MMO (Mass-Multiplayer Online) game. But I have little doubt that clans and communities will spring up, and, as an already established, functioning community, we might flourish if we support this game. I am not well informed concerning the game, so please forgive me if I make mistakes in my assessments! :D I heard something about servers...so maybe we COULD set one up; I'm not sure...

What are your thoughts?
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Re: Supporting SWTOR

Postby NiteRunner81 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:42 am

We plan on creating guilds for SWGO. I imagine one for the Empire and one for the Republic.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:05 am

Oh, thank you for the info.; I appreciate it, and in case you didn't get my PM, Happy Birthday! :)

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:56 am

I did, and (sorry so late) but thank you. A new decade (30)...

Anyways, as soon as I can find out where in Coruscant and Dromund Kaas the Guild Admin offices are I plan on putting the Republic Guild on the Beregen Colony server and the Sith Empire guild on the Mind Trick server.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:50 pm

I created 2 Guilds one for the Empire and the other for the Republic sometime ago and if there had been enough people joining from SWGO the guild would have been included at the start unforunately there was not enough interest at that point and the requirements were not met.

Subscription is about £8 or around $14 per month as far as I am aware.

Was on the game yesterday and it is pretty good from what I can see.

Regards,

Kren
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:59 am

I'm fully aware of that, Kren, and I totally appreciate your efforts. However, there is no point in pointing fingers as to what went wrong with the pre-launch guilds or anything. We just need to move on and get it done.

I would like to name the guilds something more original than SWGOEMP or SWGOREP. This is only to set us apart and make us more attractive to new members that may not have heard of us here. I would like to open this thread up for suggestions.

One thing you will all want to do.. in your graphical settings turn Shadows OFF!!!
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:47 am

NiteRunner81 wrote:I'm fully aware of that, Kren, and I totally appreciate your efforts. However, there is no point in pointing fingers as to what went wrong with the pre-launch guilds or anything. We just need to move on and get it done.

I would like to name the guilds something more original than SWGOEMP or SWGOREP. This is only to set us apart and make us more attractive to new members that may not have heard of us here. I would like to open this thread up for suggestions.

One thing you will all want to do.. in your graphical settings turn Shadows OFF!!!

Just one question. Will being a member of SWGO on SWTOR cost money? Anyway, for name suggestions...umm... how about (SWGO)Rebellion and (SWGO)Rule of the Empire. Just thoughts. XD

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby Heatmaster78 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:08 am

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:
NiteRunner81 wrote:I'm fully aware of that, Kren, and I totally appreciate your efforts. However, there is no point in pointing fingers as to what went wrong with the pre-launch guilds or anything. We just need to move on and get it done.

Just one question. Will being a member of SWGO on SWTOR cost money? Anyway, for name suggestions...umm... how about (SWGO)Rebellion and (SWGO)Rule of the Empire. Just thoughts. XD

You'll already be paying for SWTOR so technically yes you have to pay to be in SWGO on SWTOR.
"La mort n'est rien, mais pour vivre vaincu et sans gloire, c'est mourir tous les jours."
("Death is nothing, but to live defeated and with no glory is to die every day.")

- Napoléon Bonaparte
Heatmaster78
Community Member

Xfire: heatmaster78
Steam ID: heatmaster788

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:40 am

'Pointing fingers' I think you missed the point there nite? I was stating what had took place and if there had been more interest the guilds would have been up and running now with the pre-launch of the game and that is a fact, hence the reason we are discussing it now. There was a requirement by Bioware to have members in place to set-up the guilds which I am sure you and others are aware of otherwise they would now been in place at the launch of the game.

A lot of guilds out there now have hundreds of members as they were preparing in plenty of time:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2040&p=22045&hilit=swtor#p22045

I asked (forums/PM) earlier this year that a new forum section (SWTOR) be created in anticipation of this game coming out but only recently has it appeared which means there was no interest to get this up and running at that point. It would be nice to get SWGO members playing on SWTOR and share their findings here plus support the community in all things Star Wars related and perhaps join SWBF2 also.

I do recommend that if there is any interest in joining such guilds then put names forward however if it is simply to be a 'guild name' poll without the members then no matter how attractive the names some months down the road they are likely to be forgotten. I would also make it a poll not a free-for-all comment fest otherwise you will find the forum trolls hi-jacking the post as usual.

Regards,

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Keep in mind guys that there are West Coast, East Coast, and European servers. Many of them are already heavily populated too. It will be harder to sync up with everyone in game if they want a good ping.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to SWTOR (The Old Republic)