Main Story Lines

Main Story Lines

Postby Belgarath » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 am

Now, I've only been playing this game for a while, and I've made a few characters. My opinion is that the storyline kind of runs dry after you finish the first planet. The only character I've progressed farther with is the Knight. I feel like I made my other characters just so I could never use them again (and yes, I do know I can delete them), becuase when I'm questing with my other characters, I have to do the same quests over again.

Also, while playing, I see many people writing about about how WoW completely outdos the game they're playing right then and there, and how with out WoW, there would be no SWTOR. I usually just ingnore them, but sometimes I wonder... Are they right?

Thoughts?
Belgarath
Community Member

Re: Main Story Lines

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:14 pm

So far I have not had the story run-dry but that is in my opinion. There are different 'instances' for the players (one of them I heard is about 2 hours long), multiple quests, flashpoints, various ships/stations in the fleet to visit, space combat, crafting, datacrons, artifacts, equipment to use, modify, sell, reverse engineer, planets to re-visit for additional quests even after you have left the planet, skills to train and PVP. The planets are at a different per skill level based upon if you are on the light/dark side. As you progress the levelling become longer etc and there is more to do so if you have just left the first planet then you have not experienced the game and what I have mentioned but each to their own.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby SWINE FLU » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Belgarath wrote:Now, I've only been playing this game for a while, and I've made a few characters. My opinion is that the storyline kind of runs dry after you finish the first planet. The only character I've progressed farther with is the Knight. I feel like I made my other characters just so I could never use them again (and yes, I do know I can delete them), becuase when I'm questing with my other characters, I have to do the same quests over again.

Also, while playing, I see many people writing about about how WoW completely outdos the game they're playing right then and there, and how with out WoW, there would be no SWTOR. I usually just ingnore them, but sometimes I wonder... Are they right?

Thoughts?

Couldn't disagree with you more. I'm a Jedi Consular and I've found that the storyline is great so far. I haven't tried any other character yet, I've been so interested in the Consular's storyline. As Kren said, levelling is long; but quests and PvP can boost your XP up. I reckon if you keep at it, then the story will get better.

I've never played WoW, so I can't compare.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Postby SuperHappyMan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

I dunno, the Smuggler one has been pretty interesting so far. Nar Shaddaa was sure as hell a low point, but after hitting Tattooine things started picking up again.
SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:24 am

You can't really say the story runs dry if you've only been to lvl 10 (the average lvl you are when leaving starter planets).

They are all essentially the same early on. But there are plenty of great surprises.

They will all have some similar elements (You'll find a spaceport betrayal in nearly all of them). But if you get bored just spacebar through.....
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Nar Shaddaa definitely has that "Flash but no splash" feel about it. My Consular was kinda bored there.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby SuperHappyMan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:07 am

NiteRunner81 wrote:Nar Shaddaa definitely has that "Flash but no splash" feel about it. My Consular was kinda bored there.

I was looking forward to it on my Smuggler, since it seemed like it would be a really exciting place. Instead, it was a goddamn labyrinth, except even as you tried navigating it you had to deal with a bunch of enemies placed just close enough that you couldn't slip past.
SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Postby Belgarath » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:06 am

I just made it to Taris, and memories of KoTOR are coming back to me. They brought back the music and the rackgouls. Looking back at that, I can't even remember why I hated them. They're a lot smaller now, and the disease they give you ( its like a 80-20 chance you'll even get it ) only drops your base HP by 1%.
Belgarath
Community Member

Postby SWINE FLU » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 am

I'm so glad I'm off Taris now. But my storyline is sending me to Nar Shaddaa next; so I'm not too happy about that. By the way, is there an SWGO guild set up yet?

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:59 am

My 50 sage is having fun doing daily high end quests and pvp for armor rewards. Story was predictable, granted there were surprises, but predictable.

Maybe I'll go back to my 17 scoundrel.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to SWTOR (The Old Republic)