"Friends of the Old Republic trial"

"Friends of the Old Republic trial"

Postby SWINE FLU » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:07 am

SWTOR wrote:BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Friends Trial starts tomorrow, March 6th!* For a limited time, players who have an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription will be able to invite up to three of their friends to explore the Star Wars™ galaxy.

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial is an opportunity for players to invite three (3) of their friends to take part in a 7-day trial of the game. During this trial period, invited players can explore each of the four Origin Worlds, and experience the opening adventures for each class as they start along their epic journey.

Current subscribers can invite their friends to the game through the “Friends Trial” option on your http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/myaccount "My Account" page. Here players can enter the name and email address for up to three friends. Once this information has been entered, an email will be sent to the player’s friend(s) inviting them to take part in the 7-day trial. The individual then has 14 days to begin their trial from the time they receive their email.

Visit http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/info/friends or the Friends Trial FAQ for more info!

Source: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120305

Hmm... an interesting way to attempt to gain more subscribers, Bioware. If anyone wants to try the game; PM me and I'll invite you from the SWTOR site.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Re: "Friends of the Old Republic trial"

Postby Dad » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:46 pm

I'd give it a shot.
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby SWINE FLU » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Dad wrote:I'd give it a shot.

Nice! I've replied to your PM. :ugeek:

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby KOko » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:28 am

IS it still runnning or I am too late ?
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby SWINE FLU » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:53 am

I think it is, Koko. There is a free weekend coming soon too:

SWTOR wrote:Today we are excited to announce the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Weekend Pass Free* Trial. Now for a limited time, you will be able to live out your very own Star Wars™ saga with thousands of other players for free! With the Star Wars: The Old Republic Weekend Pass Free Trial, individuals who don’t already have a previously-active Star Wars: The Old Republic account will be allowed to see a portion of what the game has to offer, free of charge, with no payment method required, for up to four days!

Individuals who take part in the Weekend Pass will be able to experience the opening adventures of each of the eight character classes in the game, exploring both their Origin World and their faction’s Capital World. Additionally, Weekend Pass players will have the chance to face off against other players in PvP Warzones, or join up with friends and play through a couple of early faction-specific Flashpoints in the game, The Esseles and The Black Talon.

The Weekend Pass Free Trial opens Thursday, March 15th, 12:01AM CT / 5:01AM GMT and ends on Monday, March 19th at 2:00AM CT / 7:00AM GMT. To learn more, visit http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/weekendpass and come back on March 15th to create your account, download the game, and begin your free trial! Have questions? Visit the Weekend Pass FAQ.

SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby KOko » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 am

So, all the high expectation for the next WoW killer havent happened then ?
It is 3 months old and they are already starting free weekends ? Doesn't sound good.

From what I do know, tons of people who bought it canceled their subs once the first 30 days ended.
KOko
Community Member

Postby SWINE FLU » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:20 am

Aye. But, nothing appeals to everyone. Personally, I think it's the best MMO I've played. It still has millions of subscribers. Maybe they're just being greedy?

By the way, Koko, I saw someone on the server my characters are on called "Koko". You?

SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby KOko » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Nah, I was in the Open Beta, but never got involved enough to pay subscribtion.

I am a LotRO nerd in the last year and a half.
KOko
Community Member

Postby SWINE FLU » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Yeah, I used to play LOTRO regularly. Maybe I should get back on there... Good game.

SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Return to SWTOR (The Old Republic)