SWTOR Now F2P

Re: SWTOR Now F2P

Postby SWINE FLU » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:46 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:
NiteRunner81 wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:wow that is awesome. We should have an swgo clan in the old republic!

just wondering... in what server are you in?

This was attempted with great efforts by both Swine Flu and myself. Ultimately I grew sick of the constant bashing of the game and in an effort to correct it upper management decided that it was not in agreement with how things were to be ran therefore I pulled the plug and moved us to a more mature home. http://www.notoriouswarlords.com -- please feel free to join us over there and on the Beregen Colony server.

ummmm, I am currently in The Harbinger server. How's the server population over there at beregen? I was thinking of character transfer.

Very good and friendly. Big as well. As I write this, Begeren's status is at "Very Heavy" and Harbinger's is only at "Standard".

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby Hobo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 pm

I would start playing again if I ever get my good computer back...
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby KOko » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Teh F2P option of SW:TOR is actually so limited it is absolutely unplayable past level 30. At this point (if not earlier) you will get your available quicksolts full and you wont have place to put your new skills. This is the most ridiculous limitation one could imagine - to have skills you cannot use because you cannot place em on your screen. I can live without the ability to hide my helm (even if my merc cyborg looks way more sexy without one), but once I realised I cannot access the skills I was used to I simply exited the game. This is not F2P, this is some demo made with player confusion and mocking in mind.

The biggest issue is they are adopting F2P, but they do not encourage micro-transaction model. You can clearly see this - there is nothing useful a subscriber can buy from the store (at least nothing to make you spend money on CC). There is nothing they do to actually make new players familiar with micro-transactions (no way to aquire free CC, no cheap items you can buy to get you used to spending in the Store). What they are trying is to encourage new subscribtions, and this is what will dig their grave. I would happily go F2P and buy content piece-by-piece if the game was playable, but at this point it is absolutely unplayable as F2P.
KOko
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 pm

NiteRunner81 wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:wow that is awesome. We should have an swgo clan in the old republic!

just wondering... in what server are you in?

This was attempted with great efforts by both Swine Flu and myself. Ultimately I grew sick of the constant bashing of the game and in an effort to correct it upper management decided that it was not in agreement with how things were to be ran therefore I pulled the plug and moved us to a more mature home. http://www.notoriouswarlords.com -- please feel free to join us over there and on the Beregen Colony server.

Woah, back up a minute here. You really have to change some of the text colors on that site. Red on dark blue is almost impossible to read, light blue on white is literally impossible to read without highlighting, and frankly my eyes are bleeding and I don't appreciate that too much.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby CommanderOtto » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm

KOko wrote:Teh F2P option of SW:TOR is actually so limited it is absolutely unplayable past level 30. At this point (if not earlier) you will get your available quicksolts full and you wont have place to put your new skills. This is the most ridiculous limitation one could imagine - to have skills you cannot use because you cannot place em on your screen. I can live without the ability to hide my helm (even if my merc cyborg looks way more sexy without one), but once I realised I cannot access the skills I was used to I simply exited the game. This is not F2P, this is some demo made with player confusion and mocking in mind.

The biggest issue is they are adopting F2P, but they do not encourage micro-transaction model. You can clearly see this - there is nothing useful a subscriber can buy from the store (at least nothing to make you spend money on CC). There is nothing they do to actually make new players familiar with micro-transactions (no way to aquire free CC, no cheap items you can buy to get you used to spending in the Store). What they are trying is to encourage new subscribtions, and this is what will dig their grave. I would happily go F2P and buy content piece-by-piece if the game was playable, but at this point it is absolutely unplayable as F2P.

totally true. It is a fake f2p option just to get people to join.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Previous

Return to SWTOR (The Old Republic)