SWTOR: Rise Of The Hutt Cartel

Re: SWTOR: Rise Of The Hutt Cartel

Postby SWINE FLU » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:00 pm

I remember the days when SWTOR lost about 1/4 of it's subscribers. I'd be on Belsavis on my own...

I read somewhere that the game was released too early (probably forced out by EA). Game Update 1.2 was the finished game. We're now on 2.0- More improvements.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Postby Hobo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:02 pm

(SWGO)Kren wrote:
A Hobo wrote:I used to play, but I got kind of bored with it.... I think I got a gunslinger to level 30ish, but it just felt like the game was a bunch of grinding if you can't continuously beat each current boss. and playing runescape for at least half decade has burned out all my patience for that... >.>

There's quite a bit more content and the game has changed alot since it was released, a lot more daily missions, planet commendations are not tied into that planet. There's more players around than in early release days. The PVP element is also better and with the bolster system you are not grinding for PVP gear until you hit level 55 and level 55 ranked you go in with PVE gear and it boosts the stats.

Kren
:action-smiley-043:

SWINE FLU wrote:I remember the days when SWTOR lost about 1/4 of it's subscribers. I'd be on Belsavis on my own...

I read somewhere that the game was released too early (probably forced out by EA). Game Update 1.2 was the finished game. We're now on 2.0- More improvements.

Thanks for the info, I may consider renewing my sub but I first need a functioning pc. (i tried wine+Mac but it lagged too much)

also if i resub will i still be an officer of notorious warlords? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Wed May 01, 2013 12:47 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
(SWGO)Kren wrote:
A Hobo wrote:I used to play, but I got kind of bored with it.... I think I got a gunslinger to level 30ish, but it just felt like the game was a bunch of grinding if you can't continuously beat each current boss. and playing runescape for at least half decade has burned out all my patience for that... >.>

There's quite a bit more content and the game has changed alot since it was released, a lot more daily missions, planet commendations are not tied into that planet. There's more players around than in early release days. The PVP element is also better and with the bolster system you are not grinding for PVP gear until you hit level 55 and level 55 ranked you go in with PVE gear and it boosts the stats.

Kren

that's because of the server mergers... lol my brother's server probably had like 10 players max in some planets.

It's because of the FP option, it has brought a lot more people onboard. The lack of people across multiple servers at the start increased the numbers when the servers consolidated but not like the amount since it went FP.

Kren
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu May 16, 2013 4:25 pm

ok... I finally joined swtor but sadly I had started my Vanguard trooper in The Harbinger (I think)... is there any way I can transfer to Bereguen colony with you guys? I dont know if I want to start from scratch to be on that server... although i'm level 15.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Thu May 16, 2013 5:47 pm

As far as I am aware there's no server character transfers, time for you to re-roll on another server. I'm on a different server to the US guys given I'm based in Europe and didn't fancy the lag.

Kren
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu May 16, 2013 10:37 pm

in that case i'm afraid I won't be able to join Swine and Nite.

Anyway, i'm glad I finally came back. I feel the game is alive (in comparison to the time before the server transfers) and I enjoy seeing there are many more speeders available.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [JOG]WorldFear » Sat May 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Hey, I joined SWTOR under a different name (World_Fear) and I haven't played yet because of the loading bar at the bottom of the launcher. What is that, do I have to deal with it every time I play, and can I bypass it? It's really slow on this computer, and it often gets stuck.
Attachments
old rep launcher screenshot.jpg
old rep launcher screenshot.jpg (90.68 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
Last edited by [JOG]WorldFear on Sat May 18, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formally TheDoctor, KiraHumanShinigami, LordSasuke, DemonicNinja, Phresh_J
[JOG]WorldFear
Community Member

Xfire: thelorddragon

Postby SWINE FLU » Sat May 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Is it downloading? In that case, you need to sit it out. Do you know what your download speed is?

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [JOG]WorldFear » Sat May 18, 2013 2:35 pm

SWINE FLU wrote:Is it downloading? In that case, you need to sit it out. Do you know what your download speed is?

I guess it's downloading. I'll try, and I have no idea. But what is it downloading and why won't it let me play?
Formally TheDoctor, KiraHumanShinigami, LordSasuke, DemonicNinja, Phresh_J
[JOG]WorldFear
Community Member

Xfire: thelorddragon

Postby SWINE FLU » Sat May 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Didn't see your picture. It is downloading a patch. Leave it in the background. Judging by the speed it's downloading (500KB/s), leave it for an hour or two because there will be secondary assets to download. A patch is an update.

SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to SWTOR (The Old Republic)