SWTOR PVP

SWTOR PVP

Postby NiteRunner81 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:38 am

The legend remains... NiteRunner rawks at person vs. person gaming when she's fortified...

Spoiler: show
Fortified with BOOZE!!!
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Re: SWTOR PVP

Postby Mandalore » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Care bear game, true PVP makes people cry and quit. Structured PVP has its place but can't compare to a gank fest with item and money loot enabled. Good job though
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Mandalore wrote:Care bear game, true PVP makes people cry and quit. Structured PVP has its place but can't compare to a gank fest with item and money loot enabled. Good job though

lol true. I just killed 4 sith players yesterday with pvp flag "on" in alderaan. It sucks to know you don't get anything for that.

and nite... your server is sooo empty in comparison to the harbinger. In my old server there would around 100 people in alderaan and not 14 like in beregen.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby NiteRunner81 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:51 pm

I was talking about WARZONES!!!! 2 rounds of Ancient hypergate, 1 round of Novare Coast, and Voidstar.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 pm

yeah but he has a point. PVP in swtor, (doesn't matter if on a planet or on a warzone) is not as fun if you can't get some player loot (like... actually take his armor and money).
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 pm

matt.....
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:16 pm

actually I have to disagree Otto, PVP can be quite fun in Wz's if you have team who work together. Valor rank increases and title, credits at the end of the match, number of kills scored increases, medals, damage inflicted, protection and healing given, kills in that match, MVP's, Warzone and ranked comms plus the satisfaction of knowing you contributed. I can purchase high PVP gear which I then augment for my character: Strength, endurance, Willpower etc which I can use in PVE.

PVP dings a lot on the Red Eclipse be that low level or 55 which is good considering this is a PVE server. If I wanted total PVP then it's likely I would transfer my character to a PVP server or simply start afresh.

At the moment on this PVE server I have my Sith Sorc, Sage, Consular, Vanguard, Scounderal all hitting the lvl 55 PVP. I am currently focusing on Sorc, Sage and Consular. Damage and healing is immense from the Sage and Sorc whilst the Consular is a jack-of-all-trades and can be very annoying for the imps due to stealth (cloak) ability and is DPS burst spec'd.

It depends on who you are, what server u are on and what you want to get out of PVP. When the space PVP hits that'll be another element, similar to BF2 I suspect and it's not that far off from appearing. Arena's are the next PVP thing to be introduced with patch 2.4 plus new weapons, armour etc.

Clearly it's not going to be as fluid as a FPS but that's the trade of with SWTOR PVP but there are other MMO's coming out that are making their PVP element very FPS orientated.

This person is on one of the US servers but demonstrates the fluidity of PVP very well for a Shadow and Assassin:

This player is very good and it tempts me to transfer to a US server, then the thought of lag creeps in which would impact my game play.

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Last edited by (SWGO)Kren on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby NiteRunner81 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Amen Kren.. Also hit my Champion rank last night.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 pm

(SWGO)Kren wrote:
This player is very good and it tempts me to transfer to a US server, then the thought of lag creeps in which would impact my game play.

Kren
:action-smiley-043:

create a character in the harbinger and test to check the lag levels. If it works well then you should go there.... TONS of people in that server.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Return to SWTOR (The Old Republic)