Name Inspiration

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Name Inspiration

Postby Hobo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:58 am

What inspired all of y'all to think of your names?(sum more obvious than others). Mine started when I copied it off of sum dude in swb 1(I was like, a little kid!) a couple weeks after the game came out. I made "Merkit" after watching Mongol, and my brother, Afrocow, thought of his name when he saw an afrocow randomly on TV, and it stuck. :afro:
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Re: Name Inspiration

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:43 am

It's a inside joke only my sister would get (and she hasn't cared about Star Wars for at least 5 years). Figured it worked well enough on its own to work as a name.

Most of my aliases are references to anime or books I've encountered recently.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby ӺȁȿŧƔ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:14 am

My last name. Plus my dad uses it and grandpa.
ӺȁȿŧƔ
Community Member

Xfire: Fasty002

Postby Corpse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:44 am

Got it from being an angst little depressing teenage [m'kay] for a couple of years.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Sir Bang » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:10 am

I've had this since I got SWBF1 in 2004. The name derives from a pencil case I had in my lower school which me and my friends defaced, which we called "Sir Bag". We called it that due to the nature of the things we had drawn on it. Can't quite recall how the name got from that to being Sir Bang, but it did.
Sir Bang
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: sirbang1

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:40 am

Well this name is simply the name i ussed for Strategy games where you had to take over a castle, since i was into defending castles(example stronghold 2) i named myself "Minas Thirith" from the LOTR movie but made it my own version since in the movies it's "Minas Tirith" anyone who has seen the movies will have noticed that, that fortress is more or less untakable...

So when i came here i made my val name, and later on passed onto Minas or MT.
In LOTRO however since if you need a new characer you can't have the same name, so i wanted to have Xeon wich is a 8 core server processor...but since it was taken it became Exeon...or Ex, other chars were name Exero or exean, i would have wanted Exeoñ but meh they don't accept strange symbols :lol:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Yanoda » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:46 am

I got the name from middle school. We were modifying our names into Star Wars versions. My name best fitted Yoda (was also one of my favorite characters), so Yanoda is what I got and kept it as my internet alias.
'Yanoda' is also a Rainforest in the Hainan Province in China. Since I'm Studying Environmental Science as well, I find my name/alias suits me perfectly.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:15 am

I can't remember.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby fightingclam » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:34 am

I was bored. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Xfire: fightingclam9

Postby Commander Sparrow » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:46 am

Well, AgentSmith_#38 wasn't always my name. Back in BFI my name was Delta 38, then after moving to BFII, I decided to start up a clan. Delta Squad was the name, and my alias was changed to (D.S)Delta_38. The clan ran for a quite a while 'till it fell in a slightly large Disband War. So, for a while I was just Delta 38 again. I found a recruiting server called 'AgentSmith tryouts'. I managed to join and my name was finally changed to AgentSmith_#38. Few years later, I was made leader of AgentSmith. Which is where I am now, leading a small squad of ultimate badasses.

But yeah, that's a very very brief explanation of my how my name came to be and what happened in between. Name inspiration came from Republic Commando though, Delta 38. My number always stayed the same.
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Xfire: jacksparrowcaptain

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II