Slow Running

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Slow Running

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:22 am

Allowing an exploit that gives choke immumity and allows dash attacks while not dashing

Yup pepsi your a genious :D
Give aalyas defense against choke so they can pullsomemore i lobe it :D

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am

This is a common request from PS2 players who believe that inf choke and slow run balance out. I'm against ALL glitching, but am so frustrated with the rampant abuse of inf choke that I'd almost agree. That being said, (maybe an all together different topic?) if a rule isn't enforced is it a rule? Inf chokers use it when they won't get caught and banned, slow runners use it the same way. I guess SirPepsi is just trying to come out of the closet with his glitching.

Lets face it, gay people exist and wishing it away won't work. So too, these people who use and abuse these exploits exist in the shadows and increasingly out in the open.

Sorry, that the metaphor seems crass and it gets worse when we talk about enforcement (admins as the anti-gay police?) but it has some similarities. When an inf choker uses his glitch against a slow runner each sees it as a victimless crime, doesn't report it and the practice becomes more common place and accepted. Soon like in PS2 it becomes mainstream.

I'm not trying to hijack a topic, but I think this is REALLY about adopting the PS2 play style which has Really taken over in the last 2-3 years and wants full acceptance with both inf choke and slow run. Admins need a class in spotting these exploits and cracking down on its use.

Or not...let the Glitch Pride movement mainstream and prevail!
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Oh boy. I predict this thread will go to 10 pages before getting locked and then solved in a different thread.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:58 pm

It's an old topic, a dead topic discussed many times, beaten to death many times, infinite-choke and slow running are both "bugs" exploited by some players, exploiters will be banned on SWGO server

@pepsi
double pull = certain death
Choke(if the player knows what he's doing) = certain death

@dread
"Nice" suggestion, maybe add it to gmrz and see if you can revive the servers by getting all the banned exploiters from SWGO in there.

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:Oh boy. I predict this thread will go to 10 pages before getting locked and then solved in a different thread.

Actually no, this is the second thread about slow running in the past week, it's a rule that will be enforced if anyone is caught ussing it, as well as infinite-choke

:lck:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II