Ping limit raise

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Ping limit raise

Postby Commander Sparrow » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 am

This is just a request, I'd really REALLY appreciate it if the ping limit on JBA was raised to 350. I keep getting kicked mid game most of the time, even when I have a good score :-| It's really annoying, I know it's on my end, but if any one of the Admins could raise the limit, I would appreciate it so much. I would get better internet, I am currently using mobile internet but we just can't afford it yet. I took a job as an (underage) bartender in Malaysia for the moment, so after I start getting paid and stuff, I can get us some better internet and what not. I completely understand if it isn't raised, I wont hold any grudge or anything :innocent:

Thank you!
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Xfire: jacksparrowcaptain

Re: Ping limit raise

Postby Matt-Chicago » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Having too many players with high ping causes the whole server to lag, that's why we don't raise it.

JBA already has one of the highest ping limits in all of SWBF2 because I know we get players from all over the world.
I don't know how anyone plays with a ping above 260 or so....
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby Commander Sparrow » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 am

Matt-Chicago wrote:Having too many players with high ping causes the whole server to lag, that's why we don't raise it.

JBA already has one of the highest ping limits in all of SWBF2 because I know we get players from all over the world.

Ah, that's alright then. I can deal with it, no problem. I'll just get better internet. I seriously need it anyway, this freaking mobile 3G internet is the WORST :| It's like a tiny USB plugin thing, it's a real [derriere orifice] to me when it's game time.

It's tough to play with a high ping, I consider myself to be very underrated at times, heh. To play with all the constant lag...

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123413728-4.jpg

now imagine if I didn't have lag.
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Postby Nuzza » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:25 am

I agree being booted for ping is a hassle but understand the admin concerns. As for no one playing with a ping over 260 I regularly play with 300+ on US servers and even 400+ on a European server. Being Australian I have no chance of reducing my ping but I still like to play where my friends are despite the lag or possible kicks =)
Nuzza
Community Member

Xfire: raxsum

Postby [m'kay] » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Commander Sparrow wrote:
Matt-Chicago wrote:Having too many players with high ping causes the whole server to lag, that's why we don't raise it.

Ah, that's alright then. I can deal with it, no problem. I'll just get better internet. I seriously need it anyway, this freaking mobile 3G internet is the WORST :| It's like a tiny USB plugin thing, it's a real [derriere orifice] to me when it's game time.

It's tough to play with a high ping, I consider myself to be very underrated at times, heh. To play with all the constant lag...

If you didn't lag, you'd be playing terribly because you've gotten so used to using precognition to shoot where the enemy will be five minutes from now.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Commander Sparrow » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:06 pm

I guess that's somewhat true. But wouldn't no lag be as clear as SP? I'm pretty good in SP when it comes to accuracy.

@Nuzza, I understand the admin concerns completely, it's no big deal.
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:29 pm

That's a shame guys. I mean that.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby FaiL.? » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Do you play on the AUS server, Sparrow? That would work.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Talon Karrde » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 am

Commander Sparrow wrote:

Yeah, 3G Internet isn't "gaming" Internet. LTE could be viable, but definitely not 3G.

And for the record, I play with 160-180 ping on both the Hero Assault and JBA servers because I live in Hawaii. Back when Shattered Planet/OSF May the Force Be With You was around, I could actually play Sniper and Trooper (the server was located in the West Coast and my ping to WC is pretty decent), but SWBF2's netcode is pretty bad and the two most played servers are Midwest/East Coast servers. It's kind of a crappy situation for me since I can't go toe to toe with high level players because they have 60 ping and I have 180.
"Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry."
Talon Karrde
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: lolnewb
Steam ID: Keirnoth

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:36 am

I still use 3G and not it's nothing usefull for gaming, i have a 100ms ping to most european server in most game, but playing in USA servers is really crazy for lag....
I can manage games at 100-150 without any issues.....but going over to 250 on JBA is just terrible

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II