Problems on Hero Assault

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Problems on Hero Assault

Postby CommanderOtto » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:25 am

Nik wrote:I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like that in Hero Assault there is almost no rule enforcement. I've been playing on there more now and it seems everyone is just TK/KSing at random to whom ever they want to. Also people harassing you and non-stop pushing/pulling you all the way around the map. I don't want to seem like I'm just being a baby about it but it is pretty bad. I was wondering what needs to be done to stop this.

yeah I agree. However, force pulling/pushing is allowed in the force server.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Nik » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:13 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
Nik wrote:I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like that in Hero Assault there is almost no rule enforcement. I've been playing on there more now and it seems everyone is just TK/KSing at random to whom ever they want to. Also people harassing you and non-stop pushing/pulling you all the way around the map. I don't want to seem like I'm just being a baby about it but it is pretty bad. I was wondering what needs to be done to stop this.

yeah I agree. However, force pulling/pushing is allowed in the force server.

I know you can force but I'm talking about like pushing you around non-stop so that you can't get up, whether friendly or not.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."- Albert Einstein
Nik
Community Member

Xfire: 2badnik
Steam ID: Magnetar1

Postby Talon Karrde » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:19 am

Nik wrote:Again many of the people on where doing it without regard. I was also TKed and KSed many times. The big thing is though is that it was on purpose. Many of them didn't say sorry like it was an accident or something. I wish more people could be made an admin to help fix this :cursing: .

(Not sure how these pics will come out. My first time adding pics so... If they don't work go to my Xfire account, 2badnik, and look at them there.)

Something I need to tell you since you're new to HA is that these things do happen. Some people apologize, others don't - don't assume a non-apology means an intentional KS or TK. Most of the time those who fail to apologize are those who are new to HA - and the thing is these things DO happen when there's a lot of players on (but it doesn't make it acceptable). We try to deal with rulebreakers, but at the same time you have to develop a small bit of tolerance for accidental KSes/TKs - if one person repeatedly does it over and over again (whether by intention or by pure ignorance/carelessness), then those people are definitely ones we have to take care of first.

It gets especially chaotic in a full 32-person game. There's just too many people in a tiny area. If everyone was aware of the rules and mindful of their teammates (and fewer people used Maul on the Villains side) it would be fine, but not everyone is a veteran of the server and its rules. We often try to give players the heads up to quit it with the TKs/KSes, but if someone is a chronic TKer/KSer, definitely do report them here and/or simply state it in chat so an admin can observe the player. Some admins play, and if they're playing they may miss a TK or KS attempt that happened on the opposite side of the map - let us know. If you did and nobody responded, then it probably happened during a gap in our coverage and that's when you take screens and report it here. :)
"Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry."
Talon Karrde
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: lolnewb
Steam ID: Keirnoth

Postby Nik » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Talon Karrde wrote:
Nik wrote:Again many of the people on where doing it without regard. I was also TKed and KSed many times. The big thing is though is that it was on purpose. Many of them didn't say sorry like it was an accident or something. I wish more people could be made an admin to help fix this :cursing: .

(Not sure how these pics will come out. My first time adding pics so... If they don't work go to my Xfire account, 2badnik, and look at them there.)

Something I need to tell you since you're new to HA is that these things do happen. Some people apologize, others don't - don't assume a non-apology means an intentional KS or TK. Most of the time those who fail to apologize are those who are new to HA - and the thing is these things DO happen when there's a lot of players on (but it doesn't make it acceptable). We try to deal with rulebreakers, but at the same time you have to develop a small bit of tolerance for accidental KSes/TKs - if one person repeatedly does it over and over again (whether by intention or by pure ignorance/carelessness), then those people are definitely ones we have to take care of first.

It gets especially chaotic in a full 32-person game. There's just too many people in a tiny area. If everyone was aware of the rules and mindful of their teammates (and fewer people used Maul on the Villains side) it would be fine, but not everyone is a veteran of the server and its rules. We often try to give players the heads up to quit it with the TKs/KSes, but if someone is a chronic TKer/KSer, definitely do report them here and/or simply state it in chat so an admin can observe the player. Some admins play, and if they're playing they may miss a TK or KS attempt that happened on the opposite side of the map - let us know. If you did and nobody responded, then it probably happened during a gap in our coverage and that's when you take screens and report it here. :)

I have actually been playing HA for quite a while and I do understand that there will be accidents and that is just part of the game. Whether that person is new or experienced those things just happen. But the point I'm trying to make is that there are some people, maybe just one or two that game, that are just trying to be a pain in the neck and don't care what they do. These are the people who, and usually do, need to get banned. But it seems that they aren't being banned as often as they should be. I know people get mad and frustrated but they need to relax instead of trying to get back at someone or going on a rampage. When they go off it diminishes the game for everyone and need a quick kick just to let them cool off. If this doesn't work then they require a longer ban. I think this game should be fun and relaxed, and know accidents will occur but watch out how often they do.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."- Albert Einstein
Nik
Community Member

Xfire: 2badnik
Steam ID: Magnetar1

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II