NYC boot bug

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: NYC boot bug

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:42 am

WD-40 wrote:I will try to have my xfire up more. That's how I received most of MT's reports. I disagree that it's stupid to have 'too many' Admins on however.

Thanks 40, we do need more admins. Why is it that asking for more admins is like talking to a wall here? There is a need for it. Now more than ever since is summer.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Nik » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:21 pm

I agree with Panama and 40 about not having enough admins on. I have been on all the time when something happens like boot bug or some glitcher etc..
and couldn't find an admin to help. I have even left, going from sever to server asking if one was there but usually come up empty. It also seems to me that there are some holes when admins are never on that I have noticed is when a lot of violators get on. It could just be a coincidence or they noticed that they can get away with things then and usually do. I know you can report these people but that takes time and by then they have ruined the game. I do not think some more admins would be a bad thing, and even if you do have problems of having multiple admins on you could just make Senior Admins.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."- Albert Einstein
Nik
Community Member

Xfire: 2badnik
Steam ID: Magnetar1

Postby Vishy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:04 am

Nik wrote:you could just make Senior Admins.

Merc did the same thing a while back and look at how that turned out. It's a lot easier to manage a community/clan when there are only a few "leaders", a bunch of regular admins, and regular members, not a broken chain of command.

Regarding Panama's original post, I completely agree that SWGO needs more admins. Even though there are enough admins in SWGO to keep the four servers under control, most of the admins on the list are inactive. I can already think of a few regulars who would make good admins
Vishy
Community Member

Xfire: wabbitface98

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:21 pm

I think the problem more lies with the fact that the handful of trouble makers don't care about getting booted from a game or even dealing with hour or day long bans.

If I might put my 2 cents in, what if the severity of punishment increased with each offense. If a person is caught cursing in a game he get's booted/banned (per the type of word) If they're caught doing so again, they receive 3x the ban. If the person hasn't learned after 2 bans, they would be entitled to a ban of 1 month or more (depending on offense) I know that this is a system already in place here somewhat, but I'm saying stricter then it already is.

:mrgreen: We need to crack that whip people :1402:

If players know that punishments are more severe they might actually think before breaking the rules.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Nik » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Col. Homestar wrote:I think the problem more lies with the fact that the handful of trouble makers don't care about getting booted from a game or even dealing with hour or day long bans.

If I might put my 2 cents in, what if the severity of punishment increased with each offense. If a person is caught cursing in a game he get's booted/banned (per the type of word) If they're caught doing so again, they receive 3x the ban. If the person hasn't learned after 2 bans, they would be entitled to a ban of 1 month or more (depending on offense) I know that this is a system already in place here somewhat, but I'm saying stricter then it already is.

:mrgreen: We need to crack that whip people :1402:

If players know that punishments are more severe they might actually think before breaking the rules.

This could also work. Instead of making more admins, make harsher punishments. It may deter people but if it doesn't at least they won't be back for a while and we can have some peace :th_a017: . Making more admins would also help too or even doing a combination of both these ideas.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."- Albert Einstein
Nik
Community Member

Xfire: 2badnik
Steam ID: Magnetar1

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:08 pm

As Col. said, some of these offenders don't mind being banned for a day or two. Cd keys are very easy to get too. Also, the possibility of owning more than one copy of the game is very plausible since copies are extremely cheap. I have multiple copies, Big Lots were selling both BF1 and 2 as a package deal for 6 dollars. I picked up a few for friends, and I still have multiple copies for myself.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)Max » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:31 pm

I agree with panama. we need more admins, not that i have been here long in SWGO so i dont have much of a voice in the matter. but i dont believe they need maybe five more(if i may be so bold as to mention maybe sirpepsi :) and a few others). maybe look into what time zones the admins r in? like make sure there are atleast 2 admins for every time zone perhaps. or, if you earn respect from players as i have done with quite a few, all you do is ask them to stop, maybe tell them max ban they can get. you dont have to claim to be an admin, just tell them the possible results of their actions. if they dont mind a ban, so be it, leave the server, do whatever. but like i said i have stopped mulriple people from glitching and recruiting just bby telling them they can get up to a week ban. im working on memorizing the rules an maximum ban time. its more effective if you know what your talking about instead of just telling them not to do it. a little politeness sometimes stops it, even tho i realize some people dont care about a ban.

not trying to go against what the admins say or be against the players either. just hope my 1/2 cent counts =)
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Xfire: mrelite1

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II